For those who have a significant other ...

nmwierman1977
Never take them or your love for them for granite. You never know what will happen from day to day. Yesterday afternoon I could've lost my husband forever and thankfully I didn't.

My husband, Mike, was robbed yesterday and was almost robbed from his life. He had to be in real early yesterday morning to meet with one of his customers.His customer decided at 2:30 to let Mike go home early. So he called me at 2:30 letting me know he was heading home. About 3:15 my phone rang again. I answered and it was my husband again. He sounded all flustered and upset about something. I said " Mike what's wrong?" THought maybe he was in an accident or something. He said " I was just robbed." I said" WHAT?!"He said that he was in the middle of a car accident and was sitting in traffic waiting to get by it. He was in the middle lane, so he could'n't go anywhere. He had his driver side window wide open. All of a sudden this crazy woman came out of no where with a knife and decided to make a victI'm out of my husband and held the knife up and told him to give her a ride. He said' NO" She then proceeded to put the knife to his throat and said " If you don't want to get hurt give me a ride." So of course he was scared for his life , so he unlocked the doors and let her in. She got in the back seat and after traffic started moving she told him where to go. 2 miles later he dropped her off at some apt complex. Before she left the car she asked for all his money he had, which he only had 7 bucks on him and she saw his cell phone in the console area and took it and ran out of the car. He saw her run up to some guy and he didn't stick around to see what they were doing. He got out of there as fast as he could. Mike said she wasn't in the right state of mind at all. She had horrid body odor and her head was twitching which meant that she was probably coming down from some kind of drug in her system. Hense the reasoning behind all of her craziness. She probably took Mike's phone to use as colateral to get more drugs from this guy or something. Mike went back to the area that it happened because there was a gas station there. He flagged down a cop. He reported to the cop what happened and the cop wrote everything down. While they were talking the dispatch called the cop on his radio and said they had a 302. Mike said " what is a 302?" The cop started laughing. Mike said " what's so funny" He said" Well I get to go rescue another victim, but at the same time arrest her too." Mike said " why?" The cop said " well a 302 stands for prostitue. She called the cops saying she was a prostitue and she was just robbed by a woman with a knife."
Mike had to chuckle at that too being that it was a prostitute. I think the cop told him to kind of lift his spirits up since he was scared out of his mind.The cop told him he did the right in doing what she said to do. He called me right after he was done talking to the cop from a pay phone at the gas station. When I got home from work all I could do was hug him. I didn't let go for a very long time and I held on to him real tight and I just cried and told him how much I loved him.

Never, ever leave your spouse w/o telling them you love them even if you're just running to the store for something. You just never know what could happen to you while you're gone or your spouse for that matter. I tell my husband all the time I love him

Mike got very lucky that this woman as crazy as she was didn't harm him. God was with him yesterday and got him through that tough time.Be very careful. This world is full of crazy people like her.
Natalie

capekate
HI Natalie
what a horrible thing to have happend to your husband. It can have gone very wrong. I'm so glad to read on that all was ok. whew...
I never take any loved one for granted. I know from my own experience how it feels to loose someone you love. My husband and I always share our feelings with each other every day letting the other know how much we care.
And enjoy all our moments together even doing the silly stuff, like changing tank water.. going to the dump.. grocery store...cooking together and even just watching tv together, we turn to each other and say how blessed we feel to be able to share this kind of love. ;D
Now that all is well with your husband Mike, you two have experienced again the true feelings that your love for each other brings out. It can be a wonderful thing! I'm so glad that he is alright and it wasn't worse. ;D

~ kate

nmwierman1977
Thanks Kate. Last month right before Halloween he and I were almost on the outs with one another. I thought for sure we were going to get a divorse. We decided though to stick it and not give up on our marriage and work things out. The last month has been great between us. We've been doing everything together. We have a long way to go, but we do know one thing for sure. We love each other very much and we've promised each other to not ever take each other for granted. Natalie

capekate
Sometimes its ups.. .and sometimes its downs.... just the way life is. But have to keep hold on that love.. and two can get over any obstacles.
I wish you both the best~

~ kate

nmwierman1977
Thank you

armadillo
Natalie, that's back-chilling. Where can we feel safe nowadays? I am so glad he's OK.

nmwierman1977
Thanks. So am I Laure Ann, so am I. Give your new husband a big hug and kiss later when you see him. Natalie

Bonochick
Wow, I'm glad he is okay. That's scary!

People think it's funny that my family and I always say, "I love you" to each other so much. My boyfriend is not big on saying it though, so I kind of ease up on him, and I don't expect it from him. I'll never forget one time he said it though.

I was in a rough car accident last year. A girl in a van pulled out and smashed into my driver's side door. I lost control of my car and cranked my steering wheel just in time to avoid crashing right into a huge tree. I took out a stop sign and hit a fence instead. My car was wrecked. I had called my boyfriend in hysterics right after it had happened, I was hoping he could come over. He arrived while I was still stuck in my car. I still remember how it went...he pulled up in his truck, driving like a man on a mission...up the same curb I'd gone up...parking in the grass along with the police officers and paramedics. People were looking at him like, who does this guy think he is? But he pulled in there like he was my hero, and I remember him coming up to me and saying, "It's okay, I'm here, I love you."

That day proved to me just how much he cares about me, even if he doesn't always say it. I suppose it also proved to me just how much I love him, because I instantly felt so much better just having him there with me.

Chief_waterchanger
Glad he is alright.

I feel sorry for the prostitute.. she probably had more money than your husband did, so she is both scared for her life and out of her day's earnings. (was being serious)

The drugged out woman will have karma come knocking someday, and karma will probably remove her from the gene pool, thankfully.

nmwierman1977
Well a lot of times actions speak louder then words, but it's still nice to hear it once in awhile and it's just as important. I'm glad that you were ok in the accident. Natalie

MagpieTear
Glad he's okay and that you recognize that it's important to let them know how you feel. I almost lost my wife twice in the Fall of 05 due to complications from gall bladder surgery, scary, scary stuff. The little "thank you's" and "Luv ya's" mean so much more since then.

Allie
Yikes...and we always say I love when we leave without each other here.
I am so glad he wasn't hurt!

COBettaCouple
i'm really glad that Mike was not hurt or worse!

Drea
Yup, all life is precious...that's why some of us want and need to love and care for all around us. I don't even smush bugs, well maybe skeeters, but I love to watch my hubby carry a spider outside, to keep me from getting the jitters.

Mike
I'm so glad it worked out ok for your husband Mike. We're so busy trying to get from A to B that we forget what's important at times and it takes stuff like this to put things back into perspective. Hug your family, friends or whoever is important to you every day and tell them you love them. You never know when you or they will be gone.

nmwierman1977
Thanks everyone for your support. Mike it really did put a lot in perspective for us. In the past we took each other for granted a little too much and I think that's what led to a lot of our problems that we are working out, plus the lack of communication which is the most important thing to have in a marriage.

Some people don't realize what they have or who they have in their lives until it's to late and they are ripped out of their lives. I came really close to losing one of the most important persons(if that even makes sense) in my life and it really woke me up. I think it woke up Mike up too. I askedhI'm if anythng went through his mind while this was happening to him. he said "NO, I pretty much just froze and just did what she asked and prayed that she would leave me unharmed, but as soon as she left the car and I got out of there you were the first thing popped into my mind. I realized how much I still love you and how much you really mean to me."

So, yeah it put a lot into perspective for both of us.

I feel sorry for the prostitute.. she probably had more money than your husband did, so she is both scared for her life and out of her day's earnings. (was being serious)

I have empathy for the prostitute that she went through the same horror that my husband went through, but I don't feel sorry for her as a person. If you have to sell your body to make money that's pretty sad. Both of these women are crooks and deserve to be in jail. I Know the prostitute was arrested( not saying how long she was in jail for), but I really hope that they caught that other lady too. That's just my opinion. Neither one of these women have much respect for themselves or their bodies or they wouldn't be doing these things.

In any case I really do appreaciate everyones concern. My husband is much better today. He was still pretty shaken up yesterday and every time he stepped foot in his car the smell of that woman still lingering in it brought back flash backs. He's still trying to deodorize it. He didn't have any type of appetite the day it happend or yesterday. He is doing much better though. Thanks again. All of you are such great people and if it weren't for the support on this site I don't know what I would do. Love you all.
Natalie

Butterfly
Glad he is safe and sound and it will take time for him to be comfortable in the car again.
My husband and I will be married 41 years soon and he still holds my hand, we get teased for the affection we show each other but you have to let that other person know you love them and care. You can't expect them to read your mind and "just know"
Now is when he needs you, so glad your there for him.
Carol

COBettaCouple
amen to that!

Glad he is safe and sound and it will take time for him to be comfortable in the car again.
My husband and I will be married 41 years soon and he still holds my hand, we get teased for the affection we show each other but you have to let that other person know you love them and care. You can't expect them to read your mind and "just know"
Now is when he needs you, so glad your there for him.
Carol

nmwierman1977
Thanks Carol. natalie

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
paswed
Replies
Views
ZimDalf
Replies
Views