For The Betta Keepers

Silister Trench

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
The best way to keep Bettas, hands down.
I have to agree with you. I'm no Betta expert, but it has always seemed to me that Betta are very "outside the tank aware". The ones I've owned have always appeared happier in a high-traffic area where there's interesting things going on outside the tank. Like anything, they tend to get bored /depressed and having Bettas in sight of each other in high-traffic areas appears to appease this awareness.

Geoff

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I love everything about that picture! Heck, I even love the color of your accent wall lol. Beautiful tanks and bettas!

Silister Trench

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Betta on the right looks photo shopped. But its still gorgeous.
Haha! Yeah, kinda. That's Der (Red spelled backwards). He likes to pace back and forth, flaring at me if I have touched his tank, so he kept blurring himself in the photo. Definitely not photoshopped

Good looking bettas! They look huge
They do!

I guess I see them virtually every day. They're very close to the same age, fully grown. The red one on the right has more current in his tank, so his fins are moving much more, and because he was flaring at me he looks absolutely monstrous, where the blue one on the left was just sort of chilling in the moss. They're about the same size, but the red one has much longer fins and decided to aggressively pose for me.

Silister Trench

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Love the fish and fish tanks! Besutiful.
Thanks very much! I'll have to take some better photos in the near future. The side-by-side stands had the finishing touches added to them an hour or so before I took a picture.
Everything is situated a bit better now, so I can take photos easier. I was pressed against a table, straddling buckets and equipment when I took those first ones.

Silister Trench

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I wish my Bettas tank looked like that!!! Great job on the scape! What type of canister are you using? I’m looking for something that will suit a 6 gallon planted tank.
Both tanks are equipped with SunSun 602B canister filters in their cabinets. I use a glass fire wheel outflow on the right tank to reduce the flow, but on the left tank the outflow is just a cheap glass Lilly pipe and the flow is reduced with the valve on the canister filter.

These canister filters are rated for 20 Gallon tanks, but the flow can be adjusted. They're excellent canister filters for smaller tanks - 5G to 15 in my opinion. Not terribly expensive, either.

TheBettaSushi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Both tanks are equipped with SunSun 602B canister filters in their cabinets. I use a glass fire wheel outflow on the right tank to reduce the flow, but on the left tank the outflow is just a cheap glass Lilly pipe and the flow is reduced with the valve on the canister filter.

These canister filters are rated for 20 Gallon tanks, but the flow can be adjusted. They're excellent canister filters for smaller tanks - 5G to 15 in my opinion. Not terribly expensive, either.
Awesome thanks!

Silister Trench

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I wish a could lay claim to being a great photographer, or someone really capable of drawing natural and very raw emotion from their subject. I mean look at Der, the somehow gigantic betta fish, flare for the camera as he studies me like prey. Alas! I, however, can't claim to be able to draw out such emotion. In truth, Der (reD spelled backwards) just flares at anything that approaches his domain and doesn't offer food. He's large, in-charge, hauls with him a massive bag of attitude and would probably like nothing more than to be reborn next life as a shark and eat me...
PSX_20191117_211456.jpg

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom