For Real This Time! Actually Ready to Stock my 29 Gallon!

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Beausoleiljacob, Aug 11, 2015.

1. BeausoleiljacobValued MemberMember

Hi Fishlore,
    After being busy all summer on vacations and doing house work etc. I am finally able to stock my tank. However, I am still not sure what I want. Also Considering I have baby Platies running around everywhere.

Currently, I have:

• 6 Neons
    • 2 Hi-Fin Platys
    • 6 Baby Platys (4 Big almost the size of the Neons, 2 Really Small)
    • 1 Guppy

What I would Like to finish stocking with:

• Dwarf Gourami (Neon Blue)
    • School of Rasbora or Rummy Nose Tetras (Leaning Towards the Tetras) But whatever is best
    • School of Cories
    • 1 Female Guppy

Would the above stock be acceptable?

Possible Stocking fish if the above doesn't work:

• Blue Ram
    • Angel? (Too Big?)
    • Anything Else That would Look good and be a good option!

Thanks for the help in advance! Also does anyone know any good places to buy fish online near CT?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  2. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Angels and rams won't work, the angel being too big and both of them need higher temps than neons. Angels will also eat neons when older.

What sex is the guppy? I wouldn't be getting any female livebearers, if you have any, rehome them as they overstock the tank with all their babies.
    I would get a school of panda cories and a DG.

3. BeausoleiljacobValued MemberMember

No Rasbora's or Rummy Nose Tetras? Would it between one of these schools and the cories?

4. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

I would do the rasboras over the tetras.... the rummynose I believe need a warmer temp than neons.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice