For Pinkfoydpuffer

isis

HI there

Just look at the little piggy's tummy! He just had his Sunday lunch.

fishlover78

little fattie!

Emory

I think he is settling in quite well, don't you?

isis

Emory yes I think so. I have a bit of a problem with those white stuff that suddenly appeared on the plants and the heater. But it seems to not bother him at all.

I got my hands on some pond snails and *something*-horn snails that laid their eggs about a week ago... so soon I'll have plenty of snails to feed Pickle.

Emory

Ramshorn, I'd bet! They are invasive like pond snails. I think there is a different type of ramshorns that are desirable/larger.

isis

Yeah they do take over - I got them all in one of those small half gal tanks they sell as Betta tanks (LOL) so they can go crazy if they'd like ... the tank is all theirs

pinkfloydpuffer

;D Look at that little fatty!

Hello Pickle, my love, I'm glad to see you are so happy!

Matt

Little Fatty

Looks like he is eating well

What a little Pickle

P.S. Pickle is what my mom calls me. I think it might be a south african thing because my entire family and extended family are South African but some have moved overseas

-Matt

pinkfloydpuffer

lol, actually I named Pickle, and I am not connected to South Africa at all.

Allie

Aww so cute. Hello piggy Pickle.
I still plan on getting some....

pinkfloydpuffer

Allie said:
Aww so cute. Hello piggy Pickle.
I still plan on getting some....
You better be... >

PorcupinePuffer

I think I am gettin one 2

sticky fish

HI Pickle,
you look like my puffer Woodstock after he's enjoyed his meal of bloodworms!
Woodstock says hello btw

cowseven

Haha, puffers are silly.

isis

Pickle says hI to woodstock. I hope woodstock eats snails cos Pickle only sucks out the snail and leaves the shell. *shaking my head in frustration*

pinkfloydpuffer

Haha, silly Pickle. If he's just sucking out the guts, try a smaller snail, if you can find one.

Martinismommy

Pickle......You look like you should have come from ym house lol....EVERYTHING here is huge! What a doll! I've been looking at Puffers.....I was going to convert my 55 to a puffer tank but I ended up putting my Betta girls in there (the babies)

isis

pinkfloydpuffer said:
Haha, silly Pickle. If he's just sucking out the guts, try a smaller snail, if you can find one.
YUK! Pink! you just made my tummy turn

I'll try and get him smaller snails

Red1313

aww what a cutie!!!!
(I still want one... however the tank intended for him has 3 betta's in it now... I have no idea how that happened... )

pinkfloydpuffer

isis said:
YUK! Pink! you just made my tummy turn

I'll try and get him smaller snails
LOL Surely you are used to gross stuff by now... you're a fishkeeper! If you can handle bloodworms, you can handle anything ;D

isis

pinkfloydpuffer said:
LOL Surely you are used to gross stuff by now... you're a fishkeeper! If you can handle bloodworms, you can handle anything ;D
I kind of bit into a fruit I was eating just as I read your post... and suddenly I imagined the fruit being a snail... it didn't work for my at that point LOL!

isis

Red1313 said:
aww what a cutie!!!!
(I still want one... however the tank intended for him has 3 betta's in it now... I have no idea how that happened... )
Red... I know what you mean! It just happens... you turn your back for 2 seconds and there they are!!!

pinkfloydpuffer

isis said:
I kind of bit into a fruit I was eating just as I read your post... and suddenly I imagined the fruit being a snail... it didn't work for my at that point LOL!

Hahahahaha
Just pretend you're a puffer ;D

isis

Lol!!

pinkfloydpuffer

Martinismommy said:
Pickle......You look like you should have come from ym house lol....EVERYTHING here is huge! What a doll! I've been looking at Puffers.....I was going to convert my 55 to a puffer tank but I ended up putting my Betta girls in there (the babies)
A 55g?!?! That could be home to 2 gsps, 5 figure 8s, 2 South Americans, 10 dwarfs.... not to mention the saltwater puffs... ;D

Martinismommy

Wow Pink! Can a 55 handle that load? Maybe after I adopt out all the ones I'm not keeping I'll still go with my original plan and do Puffers...The 55 gallon was my Betta "Wills" mansion until he died a few weeks ago....It's just been running empty until now.....

pinkfloydpuffer

Martinismommy said:
Wow Pink! Can a 55 handle that load? Maybe after I adopt out all the ones I'm not keeping I'll still go with my original plan and do Puffers...The 55 gallon was my Betta "Wills" mansion until he died a few weeks ago....It's just been running empty until now.....
Well, I meant "choose one of the above" lol, sorry...
either the 2 gsps, or the 5 figure 8s, or the 10 dwarves, etc...

Martinismommy

OK now that makes more sense to me lol.....Thanks Pink!

pinkfloydpuffer

Martinismommy said:
OK now that makes more sense to me lol.....Thanks Pink!
Yeah, puffers don't usually mix with other species... not to mention that they each have different water requirements... and the little dwarves would more than likely get eaten, lol. And the SAP bullied to death... and probably the f8s too... lol

sticky fish

isis said:
Pickle says hI to woodstock. I hope woodstock eats snails cos Pickle only sucks out the snail and leaves the shell. *shaking my head in frustration*
Actually, I haven't tried giving woodstock any snails yet... he gets his first snail on Christmas!

Fish_wise_man

They look very beautiful!!

What do you feed them?? mine are too nice to even go after a guppy.

isis

I mostly give him blood worms and meal worms - I need to feed him some snails but I ran out. I have a snail tank with lots and lots of babies in there - but they are way too small to feed them to him at this stage....and they take long to grow

sticky fish

I give woody snails, freeze dried bloodworms, krill...no wonder woody's got a tummy!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom