Funny For Horse People

FishGirl115

TikTok

This is so funny. Anyone relate? I've actually just taken my feet out of the stirrups and rode that way before, it's not very hard for me (on a lesson horse ) Would I want to try it on an not well trained/green horse, yeah no I choose life

SM1199

One time my trainer had me ride and jump with just one stirrup. It was a long time ago but I think it was because I was relying too much on my right leg or something. On a different horse, he also had me ride and jump with only my outside rein.

Upvote 0

FishGirl115

One time my trainer had me ride and jump with just one stirrup. It was a long time ago but I think it was because I was relying too much on my right leg or something. On a different horse, he also had me ride and jump with only my outside rein.
Wow. I don't envy u. I love jumping, but yeah no I choose life

Upvote 0

JuiceBox52

Yeah I would choose life too. Lol

Upvote 0

jake37

I almost fell off a horse once when it touched an electric fence. Sadly for the horse i held on [the fence spooked the horse but it was turned off].
-
A horse once bit me. The put it to sleep.

Those are my horse stories. Oh my sister worked on a horse that went to the olympics but i didn't know about it till about 10 years after it happened.

Upvote 0

JuiceBox52

My first time out of the arena the horse took off and jumped a log and stopped as soon as he hit the ground. I kept going. That was fun

Upvote 0

The_fishy

At least you get the saddle! XD We do bareback trotting and minor jumping where I ride.

Upvote 0

StarGirl

Mine jumped over a tall weed. Was not expecting that...fell off. The ground is really hard....lol

Upvote 0

Basil

Mia on TikTok

This is so funny. Anyone relate? I've actually just taken my feet out of the stirrups and rode that way before, it's not very hard for me (on a lesson horse ) Would I want to try it on an not well trained/green horse, yeah no I choose life
Bahaha. But it is a useful skill.
We were on a hot and fast run while fox chasing one day. It was muddy and a clump of mud had conveniently landed on my stirrup tread which left me with no grip on one stirrup. Thank goodness my horse (i was riding Basil, my username-sake ) didn’t do anything too athletic lol!

Upvote 0

JuiceBox52

Anyone else want to try vaulting? I was going to start but then health problems happened and I couldnt. Theres a really cool vaulting team near me too

Upvote 0

Basil

Anyone else want to try vaulting? I was going to start but then health problems happened and I couldnt. Theres a really cool vaulting team near me too
Too old for vaulting lol! But I want to try ring jousting which is my state’s official sport.
And speaking of horses, I need to go feed mine and turn them out!

Upvote 0

The_fishy

I met Ashely Pletcher last year! She does all sorts of trick riding (Roman riding four horses at once, vaulting, Cossack riding, etc) and instructs.

Upvote 0

FishGirl115

I think it's very cool, but I don't have the nerve or guts to do it

Nice!
Bahaha. But it is a useful skill.
We were on a hot and fast run while fox chasing one day. It was muddy and a clump of mud had conveniently landed on my stirrup tread which left me with no grip on one stirrup. Thank goodness my horse (i was riding Basil, my username-sake ) didn’t do anything too athletic lol!

Upvote 0

JuiceBox52

I met Ashely Pletcher last year! She does all sorts of trick riding (Roman riding four horses at once, vaulting, Cossack riding, etc) and instructs.
That's so cool! I went to Cavalia a couple years ago and it was amazing

Upvote 0

trahana

... long time ago my trainer said she learned to ride without stirrups and wasn’t allowed to jump until she could sit a trot with no stirrups.
this is probably why she loved me riding bareback so much. Stirrups are for the horses back to elevate the rider and to lessen the impact of carrying 100+ lbs of fleshy bags of mostly water.
Im a trail rider, and after about an hour of riding kicking your feet out of the stirrups is like loosening your bra at the end of a long day.

Upvote 0

JuiceBox52

I think it's very cool, but I don't have the nerve or guts to do it
I would probably end up with a broken neck haha.

... long time ago my trainer said she learned to ride without stirrups and wasn’t allowed to jump until she could sit a trot with no stirrups.
this is probably why she loved me riding bareback so much. Stirrups are for the horses back to elevate the rider and to lessen the impact of carrying 100+ lbs of fleshy bags of mostly water.
Im a trail rider, and after about an hour of riding kicking your feet out of the stirrups is like loosening your bra at the end of a long day.
It really is! Went on a 4 hour trail ride and I was so happy to get out of the stirrups

Upvote 0

MySquishy

TikTok

Oh but no stirrup is fun! And it does help with balance. When you can canter and jump without stirrups, you feel incredible! It’s the best!

Upvote 0

HummingbirdNSabath

My train made me put my feet in my stirrup leathers and do to point like that all the way back to the barn :)
And I canter without my stirrups. some of my friends jump without theirs.
I almost fell off a horse once when it touched an electric fence. Sadly for the horse i held on [the fence spooked the horse but it was turned off].
-
A horse once bit me. The put it to sleep.

Those are my horse stories. Oh my sister worked on a horse that went to the olympics but i didn't know about it till about 10 years after it happened.
They put the horse down cause it bit you?

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
SM1199
  • Fishtail
  • Horse
Replies
Views
cb23
  • Flowingfins
  • Horse