Funny For Horse People

FishGirl115

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years

This is so funny. Anyone relate? I've actually just taken my feet out of the stirrups and rode that way before, it's not very hard for me (on a lesson horse ;) ) Would I want to try it on an not well trained/green horse, yeah no I choose life

SM1199

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
One time my trainer had me ride and jump with just one stirrup. It was a long time ago but I think it was because I was relying too much on my right leg or something. On a different horse, he also had me ride and jump with only my outside rein.

OP
FishGirl115

FishGirl115

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
SM1199 said:
One time my trainer had me ride and jump with just one stirrup. It was a long time ago but I think it was because I was relying too much on my right leg or something. On a different horse, he also had me ride and jump with only my outside rein.
Wow. I don't envy u. I love jumping, but yeah no I choose life ;)

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

jake37

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I almost fell off a horse once when it touched an electric fence. Sadly for the horse i held on [the fence spooked the horse but it was turned off].
-
A horse once bit me. The put it to sleep.

Those are my horse stories. Oh my sister worked on a horse that went to the olympics but i didn't know about it till about 10 years after it happened.

JuiceBox52

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My first time out of the arena the horse took off and jumped a log and stopped as soon as he hit the ground. I kept going. That was fun

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mine jumped over a tall weed. Was not expecting that...fell off. The ground is really hard....lol

Basil

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
FishGirl115 said:

This is so funny. Anyone relate? I've actually just taken my feet out of the stirrups and rode that way before, it's not very hard for me (on a lesson horse ;) ) Would I want to try it on an not well trained/green horse, yeah no I choose life
Bahaha. But it is a useful skill.
We were on a hot and fast run while fox chasing one day. It was muddy and a clump of mud had conveniently landed on my stirrup tread which left me with no grip on one stirrup. Thank goodness my horse (i was riding Basil, my username-sake :)) didn’t do anything too athletic lol!

JuiceBox52

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Anyone else want to try vaulting? I was going to start but then health problems happened and I couldnt. Theres a really cool vaulting team near me too

Basil

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
JuiceBox52 said:
Anyone else want to try vaulting? I was going to start but then health problems happened and I couldnt. Theres a really cool vaulting team near me too
Too old for vaulting lol! But I want to try ring jousting which is my state’s official sport. :)
And speaking of horses, I need to go feed mine and turn them out!:)

The_fishy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
JuiceBox52 said:
I met Ashely Pletcher last year! She does all sorts of trick riding (Roman riding four horses at once, vaulting, Cossack riding, etc) and instructs.

OP
FishGirl115

FishGirl115

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
JuiceBox52 said:
I think it's very cool, but I don't have the nerve or guts to do it

OP
FishGirl115

FishGirl115

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Nice!
Basil said:
Bahaha. But it is a useful skill.
We were on a hot and fast run while fox chasing one day. It was muddy and a clump of mud had conveniently landed on my stirrup tread which left me with no grip on one stirrup. Thank goodness my horse (i was riding Basil, my username-sake :)) didn’t do anything too athletic lol!

JuiceBox52

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The_fishy said:
I met Ashely Pletcher last year! She does all sorts of trick riding (Roman riding four horses at once, vaulting, Cossack riding, etc) and instructs.
That's so cool! I went to Cavalia a couple years ago and it was amazing

trahana

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
... long time ago my trainer said she learned to ride without stirrups and wasn’t allowed to jump until she could sit a trot with no stirrups.
this is probably why she loved me riding bareback so much. Stirrups are for the horses back to elevate the rider and to lessen the impact of carrying 100+ lbs of fleshy bags of mostly water.
Im a trail rider, and after about an hour of riding kicking your feet out of the stirrups is like loosening your bra at the end of a long day.

JuiceBox52

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
trahana said:
... long time ago my trainer said she learned to ride without stirrups and wasn’t allowed to jump until she could sit a trot with no stirrups.
this is probably why she loved me riding bareback so much. Stirrups are for the horses back to elevate the rider and to lessen the impact of carrying 100+ lbs of fleshy bags of mostly water.
Im a trail rider, and after about an hour of riding kicking your feet out of the stirrups is like loosening your bra at the end of a long day.
It really is! Went on a 4 hour trail ride and I was so happy to get out of the stirrups

New Threads