For fun: Can your fish do tricks?

PaprikaFish

Hey all,

I though it would be fun if we talked about or uploaded videos/pics of our fish doing tricks! It can be anything, from following your finger or swimming through a hoop to doing a full Fish Olympics course!

We could also share our training methods for those that are looking for new tricks to teach their fish!

Mine is still uploading, but I'm curious to see what everyone else's fishy friends can do!

Joshaeus

I'm not sure this counts, but I have repeatedly taught paradise fish to eat from my fingers before. Some learned within minutes; others took a few days.

AquEric

Not a trick but if a could teach my GBRs not to attack my hand when they have eggs or fry that would be nice

sinned4g63

I had a wild betta trained to flare at anything pencil shaped and my finger so I could just kinda point at him and he'd fluff up. He followed it pretty closely at the surface as well so I imagine if I were to add a hoop he would jump through no problem. Couldn't ever get the flames to stay lit though so we didn't practice very much..

PaprikaFish

Turns out you can't upload videos, but I'll try to get some pics at some point.
My Betta can bump a target stick, do figure eights (by following the target stick) and jump out of the water for food!

Pariah

Not a trick but if a could teach my GBRs not to attack my hand when they have eggs or fry that would be nice

My convicts are the same way. Even without eggs they are pure evil.

My female convict can do a neat trick. She can remove every grain of sand out from under a large piece of mopani except three finger thick pillars under the corners without it collapsing.

Nickguy5467

hmm my sunset platy likes to play dead i guess? resting on the substrate, on top of my powerhead, behind my powerhead, in the bottom right corner of the tank. thats all i got

AquEric

hmm my sunset plant likes to play dead i guess? resting on the substrate, on top of my powerhead, behind my powerhead, in the bottom right corner of the tank. thats all i got
My crypts do the same thing sometimes

Madchild57

Best mine can do is recognize me and come up for food.
Unintentionally though, my rainbow shark has been known to rest like a clown loach and my thick lipped grourami comes up to my hand in the water and bats its little feelers against my finger, so kinda like a handshake.

jake37

I think it would be more interesting if we uploaded video of our fishes making us do tricks.

jake37

That's pretty good. My kribs only dug a hole under their piece of wood; but they left a sandy bottom in the hole for the eggs.

My convicts are the same way. Even without eggs they are pure evil.

My female convict can do a neat trick. She can remove every grain of sand out from under a large piece of mopani except three finger thick pillars under the corners without it collapsing.

CoryDee

Mine can’t

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
AcornTheBetta
Replies
Views
FathomtheFish
Replies
Views