foolish girl!!!!

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

Saw an add on CL and figured I needed to help....It was someone getting rid of 5 parrot fish as they were not playing nice in her small tank...the add suggested the fish only get 2-4 inches so the tanks dont have to be huge!! well I couldnt see that going on so I sent a nice message, and told her I would take the 5 from her...as well as let her know how big parrots do get with some pics of mine she was over joyed to know I would take them and also offered me a dwarf gourami as he wasnt playing nice either....so I said yes...I found homes for all the parrots and figured I would keep the dwarf....she met me at work on saturday and the containers they were in, were dark so I didnt really get a good look until I got home(wouldnt have mattered as the tank was too small for them and I wanted a better home for them).....all my friends are sooo excited for the parrots and heres what we have instead!!
100_4546.JPG 100_4558.JPG
5 MORE PINK CONS!!!!!!! not a sole around wants more cons LOL

and heres our lovely DG
100_4570.JPG
LOL and I already have a gold and a 3 spot ...so now the scrambling was on again!!!!

Last edited:

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Shawnie, they look great!
Glad to hear you found a home for the parrots.
I'm not great on ID'ing fish, but are you sure that gourami is a dwarf?
I'd suspect it's a Blue Gourami.

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
AAAAAH, no way! Only you could have gotten into this lol!

Best of luck, those cons are nice, but I don't know much about them to be honest. Someone must be willing to take them... Surely... Someone...

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Shawnie,

So she gave you what she thought were Bloody Parrots and they are actually Pink Cons? Am I reading that correctly? Or did you get BP's and Cons and found homes for the BP's?

Beautiful fish!
Ken

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Did she have all these fish in the same tank? If so, she's lucky she didn't have a massacre. Gouramis are tough, but not nearly as tough as cons, as you well know.

Well, at least they're pretty cons I guess that explains why they didn't get along. They do have some nice coloring, though.

I love the "DG". What a beautiful 3-spot. He's got pretty coloring on his ventral fins.

I hate to giggle, Shawnie, but this sounds like something I would do You have the same "Save the Fish" mentality that I do. It can definitely get us into trouble sometimes.

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I think she got cons instead of BPs! And there is doubt over the "dwarf" gourami too lol

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
AAAAAH, no way! Only you could have gotten into this lol!

Best of luck, those cons are nice, but I don't know much about them to be honest. Someone must be willing to take them... Surely... Someone...
no kidding!

Hello Shawnie,

So she gave you what she thought were Bloody Parrots and they are actually Pink Cons? Am I reading that correctly? Or did you get BP's and Cons and found homes for the BP's?

Beautiful fish!
Ken
I added the word instead maybe it will be easier for some?

I got NO parrots instead got cons and no DG LOL
now im in even more a bind than when I was trying to figure where to put 5 parrots:whistling:

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks Shawnie! Sounds like it's time for a new tank! May I suggest Craigs List again! LOL
Have fun, I'm sure you'll work it out. I have faith

Ken

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
That sounds like a slight begging to me... Will I be seeing a post in the B/S/T section soon: "AMAZING pink cons and a beautiful gourami. Not to be found elsewhere, beware of imitations" and so on?

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well, duh!
Totally missed the sarcasm and miss read this thread!
Guess I need more coffee......so what she though was a DG is not and the 'parrots' are the pink cons.

:whistling: At least I knew that wasn't a DG LOL

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Did she have all these fish in the same tank? If so, she's lucky she didn't have a massacre. Gouramis are tough, but not nearly as tough as cons, as you well know.

Well, at least they're pretty cons I guess that explains why they didn't get along. They do have some nice coloring, though.

I love the "DG". What a beautiful 3-spot. He's got pretty coloring on his ventral fins.

I hate to giggle, Shawnie, but this sounds like something I would do You have the same "Save the Fish" mentality that I do. It can definitely get us into trouble sometimes.
funny you were the first person I thought of as these nawties were being loaded into my tank! LOL
and I have them all together as the cons are still 1-3 inches ....wont be there long tho!
Thanks Shawnie! Sounds like it's time for a new tank! May I suggest Craigs List again! LOL
Have fun, I'm sure you'll work it out. I have faith

Ken
your compassion overwhelms me! LOL
That sounds like a slight begging to me... Will I be seeing a post in the B/S/T section soon: "AMAZING pink cons and a beautiful gourami. Not to be found elsewhere, beware of imitations" and so on?
hahaha ill be begging for others to take them for sure!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom