Food Type?

Yyot

What’s the best kind of food for these mbuna understanding they’re mostly vegetarian?

Crispii

Spirulina.

esims12

I feed the HikarI Cichlid gold pellets and the omega one Cichlid super color pellets and my mbuna look great and love it

Yyot

Crispii said:
Spirulina.
I tried looking for pure spirulina flakes at a few of my LFS but couldn’t find any. Any brand you recommend ordering from online?

Yyot

esims12 said:
I feed the HikarI Cichlid gold pellets and the omega one Cichlid super color pellets and my mbuna look great and love it
Have you ever had a problem with bloat? How often do you feed?

Crispii

https://www.amazon.com/Omega-One-Super-Pellets-Sinking/dp/B009PPVE4W/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3RTK5TMGBB08Y&keywords=spirulina+fish+food+pellets&qid=1578449482&sprefix=spirulina+fish,aps,182&sr=8-4

Amazon.com : New Life Spectrum AlgaeMAX 1mm Enhanced Algae Pellet Pet Food, 125gm : Pet Supplies

esims12

Yyot said:
Have you ever had a problem with bloat? How often do you feed?
I’ve never had a case of bloat in my current tank. I feed at random times tbh haha. Sometimes it’s twice a day every day and sometimes I’ll feed them maybe once every two-three days.

Yyot

Crispii said:
https://www.amazon.com/Omega-One-Super-Pellets-Sinking/dp/B009PPVE4W/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3RTK5TMGBB08Y&keywords=spirulina+fish+food+pellets&qid=1578449482&sprefix=spirulina+fish,aps,182&sr=8-4

Amazon.com : New Life Spectrum AlgaeMAX 1mm Enhanced Algae Pellet Pet Food, 125gm : Pet Supplies
Thank you!

LeoDiaz

When I used to have herbivore mbunas, I found what work best for me was the Omega one Veggie pellets. I tried other brands and that’s the one liked the best. Now I’ve only keep Yellow labs which are omnivores so I’m not limited to what they can eat.

aae0130

I have been feeding my mbuna New Life Spectrum (NLS) cichlid pellets for 3 years. No issues....

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom