food pyramids??

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by zergdaddy, Apr 2, 2010.

1. z

zergdaddy New Member Member

Hello looking for any advice on using one of those dissolving food pyramids to feed my fish while I am gone for 4 days.Are they ok to use?I have 6 corys/2 pleco's and 1 loach.thanks

2. t

tony Valued Member Member

I'm not too fond of the idea. I would think that they would cloud your water. Your fish won't die if they go 4 days without food. I think it would be a better idea to invest in an automatic mechanical feeder.

3. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

4 days isnt long at all. it takes a long time for the fish to starve to death. ive successfully left them without food for 2 weeks. thats extreme, but it had to be done and i didnt lose a fish.

Enjoy your vacation knowing that your fish will be happy to see you when you get back. forget the pyramid and the automatic feeder.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  4. OP
    OP
    z

zergdaddy New Member Member

Thank you for the quick replies.I will take your advice and feed them before i leave and forget about the pyramid.Thanks again

5. jetajockey

jetajockey Fishlore VIP Member

they also eat alot of things that grow in the tank, and i have noticed with many that after a day of fasting they'll be digging around in the gravel for any uneaten food, so don't worry they'll be allright, 4 days isn't long at all.

6. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Excellent advice!
    Sounds like an interesting tank. could you update your aquarium information please. Thanks!
    Carol

7. LyndaB

LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

Just don't overfeed them when you leave. Put in a normal amount of food.

I agree, they'll be just fine.

8. cm11599ps

cm11599ps Well Known Member Member

Yep, they'll be fine.

I have an automatic feeder because I have a full wooden canopy for my tank that we place pictures frames. There's no way I would want to remove all the frames everyday just to feed the fish.

You don't need a feeder but it really helps me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice