Food for Otos

1. aleu18 Member Member

Hi,
    I have a couple of oto catfish in my tank but i dont have algae in there anymore since they ate it all. I tried throwing in some algae wavers but they arent eating any of it. Anyone have an suggestions on what to feed them? I dont want them to starve to death.

2. Mollyluv Member Member

What kind of algae wafers? I've found that my ottos won't eat any with meat in them, since they are primarily herbivorous.
    My otos love zucchini, cucumbers, spinach. Most all vegetables.
    Make sure they have places to hide, they're shy little fish!
    Hope this helped

3. Maxi1 Member Member

I have them and it took a little while for them to eat but one their favorite is Hikari Shrimp Cuisine. Amazon has it. Also Hikari Crab Cuisine. Now and then they will snack on zuchinni. It took offering several things several times.

4. aleu18 Member Member

I have topfin algae thins for them. It says its for bottom feeders, my gourami seems to love them too though. Thanks for the suggestions i will try leaving in some of the vegetables in there for them. My little sisters have a betta who has algae in his tank but when i moved some decorations into my tank the otos didnt even look at it (the tanks use the same water and the parameters were the same so i figured it was worth a try). Hopefully they will eat something soon.