Food For Dwarf Puffer

1. sheehanje

sheehanje Valued Member Member

I've had 2 dwarf puffers for about 3 months now - I initially had them in a Fluval Edge 6, but moved them into a 10 gallon about 3 weeks ago.

I can't get a source of small snails it seems - what was once easy around here is no longer the case. In fact, the LFS I got the puffers from bought them to eradicate their pest snails - and it worked... too good in fact.

I've tried a few different foods - daphnia, brine shrimp and blood worms. The only thing they touch is the blood worms.

Will this effect their long term health? Is there anything else I should try or are the blood worms sufficient?

Thanks in advance!

2. Kenny777

Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

3. Kenny777

Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

Bloodworms are perfect I think you should just do bloodworms

4. star17325

star17325 Valued Member Member

I heard soaking the food in garlic will help get them to eat, if you wanted them to eat the other food. I never had to do it, because my GSP aren't picky eaters. For snails, you can breed some on your own. Petsmart and Petco usually have nuisance snails, if you have any close to you and they will give them to you, you can also ask about snail egg sacs too, I've been given them several times.