Food for clown loaches and barbs

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by suebob28, Dec 10, 2012.

1. s

suebob28 New Member Member

hi i am new to this site i have a tank set up for clown loaches and barbs but the food i am givening them seems to be making the water slimmy and the tank looks dull i give them tropial flakes catfish pellet food tetra tabimin and tetra pleco multi wafers.The fish are all ok but i think i need to change their food can you help please and let me know which food is best thankyou sue x:;shat

2. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

3. A

AlanGreene Well Known Member Member

Hi! I am not sure of your fish keeping experience but slimy water to me sounds like you might be over feeding them, does anyone else think this might be the case?

4. OP
    OP
    s

thanks will have a look

5. insole92

insole92 Valued Member Member

I feed my clown loach New life spectrum thera +A, hikari sinking wafers, cucumber and as a treat 1 to 2 times a week king British tubifex. What size tank are they in please fill in your profile info so we can help you more you can do this by going to my settings in the top right corner then click on edit profile

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  6. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good afternoon and Welcome to Fish Lore!

Be careful not to over feed your fish. I feed once per day every day, enough so that everyone gets a bite or 2 or 3. If someone misses out, then chances are they will be first in line for breakfast. :) Over feeding can lead to many problems that you do not want or need.

Best wishes for your tank and fish!

I hope you enjoy the site.

Ken

7. OP
    OP
    s

hi i have a Juwel Vision 180 Aquarium had it for 2 years with apple snails in got the barbs a few weeks age in the shop they said because they are small i would need to feed twice a day morning and night so little and often they said then my clowns came so feed them the same way so now i feed twice 1 waffer 1 pinch of flake food and 1 cube of blood worm or tubifex am i doing too much thanks o and i did have other fish in the tank but my daughter has them now

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice