Food for Carnivores

Sabi
Hi,
Whats the best easy-to-get carnivorous foods to give a L260? I feed blood worms and tubifex, saw him eating cucumber though I believe he's supposed to be a full carnivore. He sucks on wood too. Any home-made stuff that can be given?
Thnx

Dino
Are any type of shrimp pellets available?
We use those for many of our more protein eatting bottom dwellers.

sirdarksol
They are carnivores, but PlanetCatfish suggests tablets with high concentrations of spirulina.

This food doesn't have spirulina, but it's a carnivore food.

Honestly, I'd go to Drs. Foster and Smith, search through the foods for various sinking foods, and then try to find what you're looking for at local stores (unless you've got other stuff to buy, then buy from drs foster and smith, and save a bit of money )

Sabi
Thanks for the replies. Going tomorrow to another pet store will check if I get those pellets. Do they eat cichlid pellets/Tetra prima? My leopard sailfin pleco + common eats them.

Allie
I'd get shrimp pellets they sink...my plecos love em. I feed them both shrimp pellets and algae waffers.

Sabi
Well, didnt get shrimp pellets but I got some sicking tablets that is apparently nourishing..."Dorado staple tablet food"

Gunnie
Also take a look at for some more variety. He has other sinking pellets like earthworms your fishies might like.

TheEssigs
HikarI makes a sinking carnivore pellet too. my cats love them, as well as most of my other fish as well... they are never wasted. they even make a carnivore tab for extra large cats too called massiveore tabs...

COBettaCouple
yea, we need some of those for our cichlids.

HikarI makes a sinking carnivore pellet too. my cats love them, as well as most of my other fish as well... they are never wasted. they even make a carnivore tab for extra large cats too called massiveore tabs...

TheEssigs
If you go to the HikariUsa website, you can get a free sample sent you. I think you can try up to three different kinds.

COBettaCouple
x we checked out the offer. ;D

Sabi
Thanks for the offers!
As I don't live anywhere near the u.s I have to persuade my Dad to take to one of the big pet stores a little way from here. (but that is AFTER I get my 100l tank)!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
bumblinBee
Replies
Views
Habu22
Replies
Views
lonewolf 47
Replies
Views