Food For Bottom Feeders

StarGirl
I have a fairly new setup which is cycled and I have some brown algae going on. I have 3 corys a coolie and 5 snails. Is the brown algae enough for now? I have pellets but my guppies eat until they look like they are going to explode and chase off anyone else who tries to eat. Any suggestions?

Sarah73
Get some shrimp pellets for the cories. They don't eat algae nor do kuhlI loaches. You don't have good numbers. How big is your tank?

StarGirl
My tank is 55g. I plan on getting more my lfs didnt have any more. Any stocking suggestions?

Sarah73
Get at least 3 more cories (of the same species), more kuhli's (at least 6(, and depends on what other fish you want.

StarGirl
I have 8 neons 8 guppies (varying ages) 2 rummynose tetras(planning more of those they only had the 2) 2 nerite snails 3 mystery snails 1 coolie. I'm not sure about the coolies because I have gravel substrate.. Well the corys are keeping the guppies away that's good! The neons are trying to get in there too.

Sarah73
Add sand for the kuhli's. They love going into the sand and looking for food

StarGirl
I have 8 neons 8 guppies (varying ages) 2 rummynose tetras(planning more of those they only had the 2) 2 nerite snails 3 mystery snails 1 coolie. I'm not sure about the coolies because I have gravel substrate.. Well the corys are keeping the guppies away that's good! The neons are trying to get in there too.
They are like piranhas lol
20180705_102300.jpg

Sarah73
Hahaha yes they do!

StarGirl
I have almost 20 fish in a 5 inch area of the tank right now. The Rummys don't seem interested.

Sarah73
Very cute!

LuxuriantTen
I also have chory's, kuhli's, pleco's and crayfish and I feed them just fish pallets, ordinary shrimp pallets, frozen food and vegetables like peas, cucumber etc.

Small Tanks
I distract my guppies with floating pellets and then drop in the sinking shrimp pellets for my cories and snail.

I also try and drop in a couple shrimp pellets at night a couple times a week, as I find the guppies are less assertive at night time.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Aquaridiot
Replies
Views
Guanchy
Replies
Views
rhyan
Replies