Ghost shrimp are generally sold as feeder shrimp and aren't always very healthy, so you might have just had bad luck.I'm glad i found these threads on the ghost shrimp. I had bought five ghost shrimp from petsmart about three days ago and when I got home from work yesterday I found them all dead. They are with a few neon tetras and white cloud mountain minnows and I haven't seen the fish bothering them. I thought maybe it was something I did wrong but couldn't figure it out cause I checked the water and it was am 0 ni 0 and no2 10.I did an immediate water change cause it was the two berried females that I found dead and i thought it was the water but then tested afterwards to find it was fine. I have one left at least last time I checked. I didn't want to try more expensive shrimp until I could see if I could get these to survive. I have had the worst luck with keeping the petsmart fish and shrimp alive.