Food aggressive dojo loach?

ButtercuptheOranda

So my dojo loaches and mollies are in my quarantine tank it’s 10 gal. And they won’t be there for long but every time I feed at least one of the dojo loaches (there’s 3) almost nips at the mollies and surrounds the food I tried to feed flakes above while I put a sinking pellet down but at least one of them finds the flakes what should I do. Should I move the mollies to a tub by themselves?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 15

Patman0519

So my dojo loaches and mollies are in my quarantine tank it’s 10 gal. And they won’t be there for long but every time I feed at least one of the dojo loaches (there’s 3) almost nips at the mollies and surrounds the food I tried to feed flakes above while I put a sinking pellet down but at least one of them finds the flakes what should I do. Should I move the mollies to a tub by themselves?
Segregate them in the q.t tank with some light diffuser or a sheet of glass/acrylic until you get them in to the main tank, may be a little crowded in there for them?...how warm is the water b.t.w? Dojos like colder waters I believe 66° to 70° on the higher end..

Upvote 0

ButtercuptheOranda

Segregate them in the q.t tank with some light diffuser or a sheet of glass/acrylic until you get them in to the main tank, may be a little crowded in there for them?...how warm is the water b.t.w? Dojos like colder waters I believe 66° to 70° on the higher end..
Whoops it’s about 74 and ok I’ll do those things

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
A201
Replies
Views
Neurogirl1515
  • Question
Replies