Flying Fox Fish

Nikki2577

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hello all,
I just recently purchased 5 flying fox fish to put in my 250 gallon aquarium. The stocking in my tank is as follows- 1 adult Green Severum, 1 juvenile Severum, 4 Hoplo Catfish, 3 blood parrots, 2 Raphael catfish, 2 Green Terrors and one Geophagus Pellegrini. I tried to put these flying fox fish in the tank and one of the Green terrors tried to eat them, they all somehow figured out how to escape the harassment by getting behind the 3D background. We pulled them out and put them in a 29 gallon tank that just has plants and snails. So my question is will these flying fox fish ever be able to live in my 210 gallon aquarium? These fish are about 2”-3” at this time.

Any opinions or advice will be greatly appreciated Thank you!

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
When they grow to their full size, they may be large enough not to be eaten. Depends on if they can fit into the GT's mouths at 4-6".

Nikki2577

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ok here is one more question, could I put them in a 40 gallon breeder with several corys, 3” golden nugget pleco and 2 stunted mollies and 4 of the mollie babies. The stunted mollies are only about an inch. They just never grew out. I raised them and I kept those two because I knew they would never be right. The rest of the bunch grew to normal size before I rehomed them.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
It'll be too small of a tank for them permanently. Flying foxes don't usually get along with each other, and only one or a few are recommended per tank. In a 210, multiples should be fine, but I don't know if they'll be fine in a much smaller 40 gal.

Nikki2577

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I took a chance at getting them knowing it would be a risk in the big tank but I know the GT at this point will not leave them alone. He is still trying to find them and looking where they jumped behind the background. It’s crazy

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Sounds like returning them may be your best option, unfortunately, especially if the GT are still hunting for them.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom