FluvalSmart 3.0 Planted Lights

Bentley

Does the FluvalSmart 3.0 Planted light continue to follow the lighting schedule if not connected to Bluetooth? I just came home from a trip, and my two FluvalSmart lights were on, even though both should have been off hours earlier. There was a lot more algae in the tanks than when I left. I’m worried they were on 24/7 and stressed my bettas (not to mention I now have algae problems in both tanks).

Thanks in advance for sharing experience and wisdom!

coralbandit

If you have a power outage you may need to reset the light schedule through the app .
Happens to me whenever power goes out .
Usually, mine just loses time but stays on same schedule [ like a digital clock] .

MoshJosh

In my experience the lights would work reliably regardless of connection to my phone (when I would leave the house or have my phone off etc.), however, sometimes they would just decide to ignore my schedule/timer and, much like your situation, I would come home late at night to find the lights were still on.

Sorry I don't have an good answer, but I have had a similar experience to yours. I wondered if a power outage might have reset the light, as power outages happen every ounce and a while in my are, but that's just speculation.
If you have a power outage you may need to reset the light schedule through the app .
Happens to me whenever power goes out .
Usually, mine just loses time but stays on same schedule [ like a digital clock] .
Replied as I was typing haha.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ForceTen
Replies
Views
Zeeth29
Replies
Views
bigdreams
Replies