Fluval vs Marina Airpump

Elkwatcher

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Just bought an expensive Fluval 2 port airpump and on whim took home a Marina 200 2 port airpump at half the price. ( there is always a use )
The Marina is just about noise free and is supporting a large sponge in a 55 gallon, another sponge in a fry tank and air stones in 2 shrimp hatcheries.
The noisy Fluval is going back and getting traded in for a Marina!

Islandvic

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Very good to know

Burnout1620

Valued Member
Reaction score
Which model Fluval did you buy? I own a Q1 and a Q2. Neither of them have 2 ports. Maybe you got an older version? I don’t find either of mine to be noisy, but I don’t sleep in the room with them, not do I have anything else to compare them too.

Elkwatcher

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Burnout1620 said:
Which model Fluval did you buy? I own a Q1 and a Q2. Neither of them have 2 ports. Maybe you got an older version? I don’t find either of mine to be noisy, but I don’t sleep in the room with them, not do I have anything else to compare them too.
It's a Q1 Dual port..I can hear it's hum from the next room. The Marina 200 dual port is much quieter.
iu.jpeg

Burnout1620

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hmm. My Q1 has 2 outputs as well. Not sure how I forgot that! It’s also noisier than the Q2 for some reason. But the Q2 has a dial that throttles the pump. It is definitely louder and higher outputs and mine is probably dialed in around 50%.

Unless they’re running a sponge filter air pumps aren’t that important anyway (relative to a power filter and heater), so if the Marinas are quieter I’d go for it!

Elkwatcher

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
And easier on the pocketbook $28 vs $54.

Burnout1620

Valued Member
Reaction score
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom