Fluval Vincenza ,fluval 206 Filter

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by Matthew Dudley-Cave, Apr 17, 2018.

1. M

Matthew Dudley-Cave New Member Member

does anyone know how I can take off the hosing connected to filter and tank on this tank, the hosing goes through the bottom of the tank and not round the back like other canister filters it needs cleaning and I need too trim it as it’s really long and it’s affecting the flow of filter as it is curling up, I can’t see a way without it flooding Though bottom of tank
    Thanks

2. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDude Well Known Member Member

Is it posssible to use a clamp and clamp it shut or drain the tank so it doesn't spill out. Having buckets also helps a lot as well!

3. OP
    OP
    M

Matthew Dudley-Cave New Member Member

Not sure if clamping would work,don’t really want to drain all of tank,can’t see Fluval designing tank where there is no way of removing hosing

4. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDude Well Known Member Member

I've dine similar with my filters, using a clamp.... having a bucket handy is helpful, but at most a slow drip occurred. Also consider another pair of hands to help you out and bend the piping in half to 'clamp' it and then do whatnot... it can get messy, but if it all goes well it be ab easy cleanup.

As consider using a valve and attach it to the piping, so next time its a lot easier to deal with.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice