Fluval stratum extremely dusty??

Greyfernandes

i recently bought some fluval off of Amazon and it looked fine and dandy till i started washing it. I was washing it for two hours and thought I had gotten all the cloudiness out of it but as soon as i put it in my tank it started to cloud again so i did three complete water chages and its still cloudy!! Any help?

barbiespoodle

Personally I went with eco complete but had the same problem.

I decided to change over an already established tank from gravel to a plant substrate. Before I did, I spent a week with the eco complete in a bucket of water. I placed a hob filter on the bucket, changed the water and filters, no carbon in the filters, just floss to catch the fine particles, every few days, stirred it every few days to release the fine particles and it finally got clean enough to add to the tank.

Again, I was putting it in a already established tank with shrimp in it so wanted it ready to go. If you are just setting up a tank with nothing in it yet, then do what I did with the bucket method, you'll get there in the end.

Personally I think it was all worth the work. The plants and shrimp are both doing great and I love the more natural look of it all, jmho

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Courtneyburke0
Replies
Views
Fishfriendof315
  • Question
  • Gage6
  • pH