Fluval Q1/Bubble Curtain issues

Discussion in 'Air Pumps' started by goggles2, Dec 15, 2012.

1. goggles2

goggles2 Valued Member Member

ive got a fluval q1 pump for my 45g tank ive got it hooked up to one of those flexible bubble curtains and i just cant seem to get it to work the pump seems to be working fine but i have no bubbles im not really sure if its the pump thats bad or the bubbler seems to be lots of pressure coming from pump

2. Matt B

Matt B Well Known Member Member

Is the wand brand new? if not it may need to be cleaned. I've also heard of people using pins to poke more holes in the rubber material ones but be careful, its easy to make too big of a hole. If the wand is brand new and pump is putting out air, exchange the wand. You can also try blowing through the tubing feeding air to the wand, your air pump puts out 2 1/2 lbs of air pressure so if you can't make bubbles the pump can't either.

Also, check your check valve if you have one, it may be stuck closed.

3. OP
    OP
    goggles2

goggles2 Valued Member Member

its a brand new wand and i cant make bubbles with my breath and i tried poking bigger holes in it and still nothing so im gonna go buy a new bubbler i guess

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice