Fluval Plant 3.0 Help

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Wraithen, Apr 10, 2018.

1. W

Wraithen Well Known Member Member

I just got this thing and man is it sweet! Limited options! Instant reaction from the bluetooth on my phone when I'm trying to adjust my settings and freaking out my fish! Awesome....

So I can easily get used to it. It's actually a nicely designed light and the app is super easy to use. Just dont click the magnifying glass in the app at night.

On the other hand, is there any way to easily program a split photo period? I couldn't figure it out so it is doing an evening period and my other led is doing morning shift. I was hoping to be able to run 2 periods for the fluval so I could get super par for at least 4 hours in a 2 foot deep tank but I cant figure out how to do it. At this rate it feels like i could have had a better product with a 4 dollar timer and some t5 bulbs. Anyone got any ideas? (A plug timer wont work as it will reset the time on the fluval, and my other light defaults to darkness.)

2. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Giving this a bump up for you

3. OP
    OP
    W

Wraithen Well Known Member Member

Finally got a straightforward response from fluval. I wanted to berate them when I'm asking about how to split the photo period and they give me a link to the owners manual.

BLUF: you can not do a split photo period with this light.

They finally responded and said that the light will only turn off once a day. Weird way of telling me I'm out of luck but whatever. I'll just use this light for it's own block of time in the evening and my other one for morning. I just HAD to buy lights that reset once power is lost lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice