Fluval Plant 3.0 Vs Power Outage Question

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by FishRFriendz, Apr 25, 2019.

1. FishRFriendzWell Known MemberMember

Question for the ppl with Fluval Plant 3.0 lights.

Does the light keep track of the time while the power is out and simply continue running as if nothing had happened when the power comes back?

Or is it like my microwave and the time gets reset until you connect to it again.

2. DK314New MemberMember

I would also like to know about this since I also run the Fluval Plant 3.0

3. FishRFriendzWell Known MemberMember

Got some responses on reddit and a post on another forum.

It resets to 00:00, kinda like my microwave/oven/vcr. I'm about to find out tonite if it will still run the schedule but from the incorrect time.

It's really bad... for high tech setups where timing the lights in sequence with the CO2 is important. And I'll be away on vacations now and again, and right now with it being the rainy season we get more power outages.... /sigh

My Current Satellite LED+ Pro is much better, the timer unit has a time keeping battery, and just continues with the schedule when the power is back. My CO2 is on a smart adapter so when power comes on, it gets the time from the wifi.

On any low tech tank this would be fine by me. But I only got the light because of the very high output, which is mostly useful on a high tech tank.

4. DK314New MemberMember

I found this video while doing some research myself. I might give it a try. It talks about using a second timer side by side with the fluval built in timer and program. It might be worth a watch.