Fluval Nano "Plant" good for a 14 Gallon Cube (planted fresh tank)?

FishGuy89

Hey guys,

I am about to set up my 14 Gallon Aqueon Frameless Cube Aquarium. It is going to be low-tech, with plenty of plants (stems and epiphytes). Not sure about substrate yet, but I think it will be a mix of fluval stratum and gravel capped with a nice, rust colored sand.

I have 5 other tanks with different lights on them. My 40g and 65g are each running two NICREW ClassicLED Plus Planted Aquarium Lights. I run all my lights for 10 hours per day.

This is my first cube aquarium. I have a Fluval "Plant" Nano laying around. Think this could work well on this tank? I get that every tank is different, but is this light strong enough to "show off" the tank and still grow plants well in a 14 gallon?

Other recommendations for a 14 gallon cube? All recommendations welcome!

Attachments

• 348646.jpg
    348646.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 9

RedOnion

Hey guys,

I am about to set up my 14 Gallon Aqueon Frameless Cube Aquarium. It is going to be low-tech, with plenty of plants (stems and epiphytes). Not sure about substrate yet, but I think it will be a mix of fluval stratum and gravel capped with a nice, rust colored sand.

I have 5 other tanks with different lights on them. My 40g and 65g are each running two NICREW ClassicLED Plus Planted Aquarium Lights. I run all my lights for 10 hours per day.

This is my first cube aquarium. I have a Fluval "Plant" Nano laying around. Think this could work well on this tank? I get that every tank is different, but is this light strong enough to "show off" the tank and still grow plants well in a 14 gallon?

Other recommendations for a 14 gallon cube? All recommendations welcome!
It seems bright enough to me to grow medium light plants. Rotala, amazon swords, java fern, anubias, crypt, buce and etc should do fine.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
MyFishAddiction
Replies
Views
ahouseofscales
  • Question
55 Gallon Tank Thoughts?
Replies