Fluval Mega Flex?

aosuna11

Looks like fluval is coming out with a new fluval flex, the "mega flex" which can be seen on pecktec's video-

I was wanting to get the flex 15, but it looks like this will be the one that I save up for since it's going to be a 32gal. I love the built in sump, powerful pump it has, and built in lights for growing low-med light plants. Any thoughts on this new tank?

Edit: The tank can be seen at 3:45

Hebrewhammer

Looks really nice. I wonder how much it would cost. It might just be worth it to get a Petco tank and mod it.

aosuna11

Looks really nice. I wonder how much it would cost. It might just be worth it to get a Petco tank and mod it.
The flex 15 is 130, I guess the mega flex would be about 350?

Jacob Brown

U think with included light and possibly heater??

aosuna11

U think with included light and possibly heater??
The flex 15 had the light but no heater, hopefully the high price will include the heater. That's what I'm hoping for

Jacob Brown

Ya would be great and all lights included would be great to

Honestly I think this tank is going to sell well

aosuna11

Definitely got me buying it, I really, really hope they're going to improve the lighting for high light plants, and include the heater. If not then it really will be just a duplicate of the F15, just a little bigger

Jacob Brown

I currently have 15 flex with 4 different kinds of plants and after 3 weeks r really doing well. Highly recommend if begginer to planted tanks. 32 should be really exciting really looking forward to it’s release.

jpm995

I'm old school I don't see the attraction of that tank. For the price a 55gal blows that away. To me size is everything in a fish tank.

Jacob Brown

Ya but u don’t get a fitting lid and probably a rubbish filtration system. Ya not for me

Plus I think as long u clean tank once a week and have good filter size doesn’t matter in reasonable conditions

NanaW

Omg I wish I hadn’t seen this !! Now I’m going to want it lol

aosuna11

I'm old school I don't see the attraction of that tank. For the price a 55gal blows that away. To me size is everything in a fish tank.
I totally get the old school stuff, I myself have a 55 in my garage that's been sitting for about 10-15 years, a friend of my dad gave it o me with a bunch of supplies that I had no idea what they were for at the time came with it too, but now the tank is the only thing left. Looking at it, the 55 has much more pratical use for the larger size and most likely cheaper, but the flex and its vertical bowfront, built in sump, black silicon and honeycomb pattern is just to me personally. I was planning on getting the F15 as a christmas present for myself NanaW good thing I waited

Jacob Brown

Ya 15 is good size but I’m looking for tank to house more fish

NanaW

I totally get the old school stuff, I myself have a 55 in my garage that's been sitting for about 10-15 years, a friend of my dad gave it o me with a bunch of supplies that I had no idea what they were for at the time came with it too, but now the tank is the only thing left. Looking at it, the 55 has much more pratical use for the larger size and most likely cheaper, but the flex and its vertical bowfront, built in sump, black silicon and honeycomb pattern is just to me personally. I was planning on getting the F15 as a christmas present for myself NanaW good thing I waited

Smarty pants you better gave lots of pictures when you get it set up so I can be jealous and enjoy from afar

Jacob Brown

Guys I’ve watched pecktecs vid like 20 times today

aosuna11

Smarty pants you better gave lots of pictures when you get it set up so I can be jealous and enjoy from afar
Hehe will do!

aosuna11

GUYS!

A not so lfs I went to today had them! There was 2 of them, in boxes without prices. I asked how much they were, and the owner said they weren't for sale yet, but would be about $250! He said it wasn't on their inventory yet either, so I'll come by and swoop one up soon

He let me take pics of it, and from what I can tell, it's not disappointing:
IMG_20181109_165349.jpg
IMG_20181109_165358.jpg
IMG_20181109_165402.jpg

Jacob Brown

Sorry hard to read box could u state what the kit comes with

aosuna11

Sorry hard to read box could u state what the kit comes with
Looking at in in detail, it will be 35.2in Long, ~16in Wide, and 15in tall.
It will come with x2 of the filter media of the regular flex, so 2 big sponges, two bags of bio balls, and 2 bags of carbon.
For the light, it looks like the same type as the flexs' but a bit longer, called aquasky led lighting (??)

Jacob Brown

If u get it can u send pics

Jacob Brown

when u said regular flex did u mean 9 gal or 15 gal flex

aosuna11

when u said regular flex did u mean 9 gal or 15 gal flex
The fifteen. I believe both the 9 and 15 have same sized sponges.

Jacob Brown

I’m assuming since u didn’t say it no heater either

NanaW

I’m assuming since u didn’t say it no heater either

No heaters with the flexes

WBG87

Found it on the website

Edit: must login to see the link if you found this on google

aosuna11

Found it on the website
Yup that's it, the black one is there too. Doesn't look like it's there for sale yet though

WBG87

Black one is here

Edit: must login to see the link if you found this on google

bigdreams

I saw the 32 gallon flex at Aquatic Experience . It is nice! Really good looking tank and I am not a fan of bowfronts... This bows in different direction than typical bowfronts and it is gorgeous. If u are looking to have a display tank in (apartment) living room or similar then should consider this. But as others have said, at that price I rather get largest tank I can afford

goldface

I saw the 32 gallon flex at Aquatic Experience . It is nice! Really good looking tank and I am not a fan of bowfronts... This bows in different direction than typical bowfronts and it is gorgeous. If u are looking to have a display tank in (apartment) living room or similar then should consider this. But as others have said, at that price I rather get largest tank I can afford
Does it bow differently from the regular flex? Does the filter compartment take a lot of room?

bigdreams

Does it bow differently from the regular flex? Does the filter compartment take a lot of room?
Bows same direction as other flex model. I said it bows differently than traditional bowfronts. No distortion. It's basically like having two 15 flex tanks side by side.. very nice . I didnt poke around the filtration much when I saw it .

aosuna11

From what I saw in the box, it looks like it doesn't come out too much. only like 3 inches worth of space. (the filter, I mean)

georgelee1000

Maybe this is too late, but Black Friday drsfostersmith has fluval flex 15 gal on sale for 99 and you also get a 25 dollar gift card.

aosuna11

Maybe this is too late, but Black Friday drsfostersmith has fluval flex 15 gal on sale for 99 and you also get a 25 dollar gift card.
Not a bad steal at all actually

NanaW

Not a bad steal at all actually

That’s a freakin awesome deal I paid 130.00 for mine

georgelee1000

That’s a freakin awesome deal I paid 130.00 for mine

Didn’t realize you have flex. Nice!!!

kjbord

WOW...
I think my wife is gonna kill me.... I have a 9 gallon Flex right now, I was thinking about getting my Mother-in-law a 15 gallon in white for her bedroom (she's a white freek). I see this now..... It's bad enough she doesn't know about the last 2 I bought (29 gallon biocube and another 40b).

Triton25

Did you buy one? My LFS just posted on FB they have them in stock! I have been obsessing over how to trick out a 20long for my Christmas present and now I saw this! I think I may want this now...

NanaW

Tried to talk the hubs into letting me upgrade to the 37 I have the 15 his answer nope not happening

Triton25

Tried to talk the hubs into letting me upgrade to the 37 I have the 15 his answer nope not happening
I’m trying to convince mine that it’s just easier to get this package deal than piece everything out for the 20long! Does anyone know if the width posted is the base width or is that from the back to the most bowed out portion of the front? Does that make sense?

NanaW

I’m trying to convince mine that it’s just easier to get this package deal than piece everything out for the 20long! Does anyone know if the width posted is the base width or is that from the back to the most bowed out portion of the front? Does that make sense?

I believe they have a video out on YouTube that states the size is true from back to front with chambers but I’m not positive

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Megaanemp
Replies
Views
Dunk2
Replies
Views
sairving
  • Question
Replies