Fluval Fx4 Flow

WMThunder36

hi, so I just setup my new fluval fx4 in my 110 gallon African cichlid tank. I set it up all correctly I believe and plugged it in and it went through the whole priming process and shut itself off and turned back on. But when I felt the outputs it didn't feel like the water was coming out that forcefully and the flow wasn't as big as I thought it would be. Do any of y'all have the fx4 and have had this? It might be totally normal (water is coming out of both outputs) but I'm just wondering if I did something wrong Bc it's not coming out as forcefully as I thought it would. Any help/advice would be appreciated!!

Geno

I have an fx-4 on my 90 gallon planted tank ,even running it through an aquamedic 1000 reactor it stills has the power to push through a 36 inch spraybar . how do you have the canister loaded if you over pack the baskets you can slow the flow down .

TwoHedWlf

hi, so I just setup my new fluval fx4 in my 110 gallon African cichlid tank. I set it up all correctly I believe and plugged it in and it went through the whole priming process and shut itself off and turned back on. But when I felt the outputs it didn't feel like the water was coming out that forcefully and the flow wasn't as big as I thought it would be. Do any of y'all have the fx4 and have had this? It might be totally normal (water is coming out of both outputs) but I'm just wondering if I did something wrong Bc it's not coming out as forcefully as I thought it would. Any help/advice would be appreciated!!

Why not measure the flow if you think it's not flowing enough? Pull the nozzle out of the tank, and put it into a bucket at about the level of the tank's water level. Time how long it takes to fill the bucket, then use that to calculate the gallons per hour.

Sertified

Have you used the filter media that came with it? The FX4 should push out a lot of water. Sometimes when I clean mine I need to turn it off and back on to let the air cycle through. You will hear the air bubbles up when you turn it off. Just remember it will turn itself off after a minute or so when you first turn it on.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
lodingi
Replies
Views
MommaWilde
Replies
Views
fa4960
Replies
Views