Fluval FX intakes and outputs.

Bwood22

To clean or not to clean? What do you think?

20210915_210340.jpg

StarGirl

I dont clean them. My shrimp eat on them once in awhile. Looking at yours makes me think I need to get some new ones though :eek:

Upvote 0

carsonsgjs

I give them a quick scrub if i remember, but I’m not precious about it.

Why did they make them white though??? Later models use grey ones, much easier to keep clean.

Upvote 0

Bwood22

I give them a quick scrub if i remember, but I’m not precious about it.

Why did they make them white though??? Later models use grey ones, much easier to keep clean.
They are black. Thats bio film build up.

Upvote 0

carsonsgjs

They are black. Thats bio film build up.
Sorry I was talking about the rubber connectors in your pic. Your output nozzle looks like it’s brand new compared to some of the ones I’ve cleaned!

Upvote 0

Bwood22

Sorry I was talking about the rubber connectors in your pic. Your output nozzle looks like it’s brand new compared to some of the ones I’ve cleaned!
Lol....im talking about the rubber connectors. There is so much build up on them that they look white. They are supposed to be black.

Upvote 0

carsonsgjs

Lol....im talking about the rubber connectors. There is so much build up on them that they look white. They are supposed to be black.
Really??? Wow. They look like my white ones that are meant to be white! Hard water by any chance?

Upvote 0

Bwood22

Really??? Wow. They look like my white ones that are meant to be white! Hard water by any chance?
Yep

Upvote 0

Bruhineedhelp

To clean or not to clean? What do you think?
It looks very dirty to me. I often change my bio sponge ever 2 months. It looks like it need replacing. If you don't think it needs replacing then just soak it is hot water for 15 mins and that should do the trick!

Upvote 0

StarGirl

Lol yeah mine are the grey/white ones. I would need to clean those.....

Upvote 0

Bwood22

Here's a better view:
20210916_220120.jpg
I think I should probably clean them.

20210916_222932.jpg
Ta-da!

20210916_223016.jpg
20210916_234455.jpg

It looks like my intake has ick.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads