Fluval Fresh And Plant 2.0 - 91-122cm

1. DaleM

DaleM Well Known Member Member

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Fluval Fresh and Plant 2.0? I only have Amazon Sword, Annubia, Java Fern, Banana Plant and Hygrophila corymbosa so nothing high tech and no CO2 - only root tabs and Seachem comprehensive.

Is this light ok for these plants with a bit of wriggle room if I wanted to start looking at medium light level plants and CO2 infection?

My tank is 90cm long, 37cm wide and 42cm high - so 35.5" x 14.5" x 16.5" so there might be a bit over overhang as I'm right on the threshold between this size and the size below.

I was looking at the Up Aqua U Series P 90cm Planted LED, but for the extra $100 the warranty, waterproofing and Fluval reputation are moving me towards spending the extra money.

I know there is the 3.0 just released, but we probably won't see it here in Australia for quite a while and no doubt at a premium price.

Thanks for any advice!

Cheers,
    Dale

2. fissh

fissh Well Known Member Member

I run 14 fresh and plant 2.0. So far I really like them, and they grow plants well. I your tank is 36", or close get the
    DSCN4476.JPG DSCN4475.JPG  

3. OP
    OP
    DaleM

DaleM Well Known Member Member

Awesome looking tanks! No doubt you'd be injecting CO2 and running fairly high tech. I'd probably have to dim the light to 40-50% in my current set up

4. fissh

fissh Well Known Member Member

first picture has no CO2, the bottom picture has CO2.