Fluval flora tank

1. losthero Member Member

[​IMG]

Idk what I want to put into this tank, I was hopping for some suggestions? I'm running double 13 watt for 7.8 gal, co2 diffuser, stratum substrate and German ram. [​IMG]

2. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

A German ram isn't appropriate for this tank, but it would make a lovely shrimp tank!

What are the dimensions? Chilli rasbora may work too.

3. losthero Member Member

30x30x34

4. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I'm guessing that's in centimeters?

I'm not sure I'd put anything other than a betta or inverts in there. It has a pretty small footprint.

5. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Agreed. It's a really cool tank and I had the same lighting so I know you can grow just about anything in there but I would do shrimp. I had a Betta in mine, a female, but I fear that it wasn't as much swimming room as she would have liked.

6. losthero Member Member

What plants do you recommend and the German ram is going into my 29

7. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

You have lots of options with CO2 injection and that lighting. Anything short will do! You could try carpeting dwarf hairgrass or baby tears (you may need higher light for these though). I'm a big fan of crypts, and C. parva stays small.

8. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

I like the look of anything with floating lily pads because you can really see the long stems trailing to the surface. One that did that was supposedly Aponogeton natans but may not have been. The other was Nuphar japonica.

9. losthero Member Member

I have tried hairgrass I think I need more light but not baby tears are they easy to plant?

10. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

If hairgrass didn't work, I don't think baby tears will.

11. losthero Member Member

What else do you think I can plant in this tank?

12. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

13. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I'd recommend crypts, mosses, S. repens, and dwarf sag.

14. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

^they did well in mine, too.