Fluval Flex Stocking.

GingerBeardMan35

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I’ve got a fully cycled Fluval Flex 15 gal with currently just (1) female Molly. I had plans to do a guppy sorority but those plans fell through. Now I want to give my Molly some company (I really just want more fish).

I also want to do something different than anything in my main community tank. So no Mollies, Platies, Neons, Guppies, or Ghost shrimp.

I haven’t had the best luck with Cherry Barbs but I think they might look slick in the tank with its black background. Or maybe a school of a less obvious tetra. Rummy nose or Bloodfins?

Anything unique that anyone has done that isn’t to crazy? Molly is black marble so she shouldn’t brink too much attention to herself. Tank has a couple of fake large plants that provide good shade, and a hollow log that cuts the tank in half with good hiding opportunities.

Any and all ideas welcome!

lilabug4545

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
What about shelldwellers? Might not work with the molly, but imo would look pretty good in a Flex.

GingerBeardMan35

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
lilabug4545 said:
What about shelldwellers? Might not work with the molly, but imo would look pretty good in a Flex.
Thanks for the response!

I don’t know if I’ve ever read about shelldwellers for fish keeping until you mentioned them. Found some articles, very cool! I agree about mixing them with a Molly, but definitely something to bookmark for a future tank setup.

I was at the LFS with my fiancée when she was getting some fish for her tank and I saw a tank full of the rummy nose tetras. I couldn’t resist and got a school of them. I love their look and their behavior. They seem to be very aggressive eaters...or at least my group is. They really attack the flakes. Very happy with my choice thus far.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom