Fluval flex 57 litre Question 

JCM

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi,
Was looking at the fluval flex 57l and wondering if anyone has any opinions on it. It looks like a brill little tank but any feed back from you guys would be good.

BNBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
57L would be 15 gallons and I have the Fluval Flex 15 gallon and LOVE it. I love that all of the equipment is hidden and out of site. I have had mine for a couple years now and have had no issues with it. The lights are sufficient to grow the plants I have in it (mind you I do not grow high maintenance or difficult plants). I like that when I do water changes I can add the new water to the back and not disturb anything visible up front.

I know there are a couple of other members here who have them and could weigh in as well.

JCM

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Oh good I'm glad because iv just brought it lol couldn’t wait!! Yea i liked the fact that everything is hidden too. Iv always hated the look of wires and equipment in my tanks. Have you modified the filter or kept it as is?

JCM

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
BNBetta said:
57L would be 15 gallons and I have the Fluval Flex 15 gallon and LOVE it. I love that all of the equipment is hidden and out of site. I have had mine for a couple years now and have had no issues with it. The lights are sufficient to grow the plants I have in it (mind you I do not grow high maintenance or difficult plants). I like that when I do water changes I can add the new water to the back and not disturb anything visible up front.

I know there are a couple of other members here who have them and could weigh in as well.
Also what plants do you grow in yours? I'm a beginner with plants but think i would like to try with this tank

BNBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
I did not modify the intake at all, but I did add some sponges over the outflow part because I have a betta in mine and the outflow is a little strong for him.

I have a couple types of anubias, temple compacta, a narrow leaf fern and some moss balls. Nothing fancy or challenging.

Ignore the algae. This was before cleaning and water change.

d58e09ea9b0d7dd9ad751ea0778dcc12.jpg

JCM

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Oh i really like that. Its kinda how i want mine to look. Atm i have a biorb flow which this tank will replace and its very artificial and fake looking which is what I'm trying to get away from. Il have to get down to my lfs and see what plants they have.

BNBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
It will fill out a little more as the plants I currently have grow and I'm thinking of getting a few more to make it a little more heavily planted. Maybe add something that will carpet the bottom.
I am not a fan of artificial. I prefer a more natural looking tank.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads