Fluval flex 15 stocking : Shell dwellers

Arrow1oo

Hey I'm planning on buying a fluval flex 15 gallon (which is effectively just 10 gallons).

I was looking at what I could keep and I have always loved shell dwellers. I know it would need to be multis since they're the smallest, which I'm fine with.

I just wanted to make sure I could fit a few in there, I know they might breed but I can always remove the excess when necessary.

My pH runs around 7.6 so not as hard as I'd like but it's stable.

I appreciate any feedback

AquaticQueen

I think they would be fine. I've heard of people keeping them in a 10 gallon.

Arrow1oo

AquaticQueen said:
I think they would be fine. I've heard of people keeping them in a 10 gallon.
Cool, would it be better if I got the fluval edge 6 gallon? It has more length and width which is better for shell dwellers I believe

fishkeeper19524

You could MAYBE get a pair in a ten gallon, but a 20g would be better for a colony

Arrow1oo

fishkeeper19524 said:
You could MAYBE get a pair in a ten gallon, but a 20g would be better for a colony
Hm, okay thanks. Also what form of filtration is best for shell dwellers. Sponge or HOB?

fishkeeper19524

Arrow1oo said:
Hm, okay thanks. Also what form of filtration is best for shell dwellers. Sponge or HOB?
Not sure, but I am setting up a multi tank and using sponge filters. From what I have read the tipe of filtration doesn't matter too much

Arrow1oo

fishkeeper19524 said:
Not sure, but I am setting up a multi tank and using sponge filters. From what I have read the tipe of filtration doesn't matter too much
Oh okay, not sure what happened but instead of the flex which is pretty expensive I got a 20 long with a clip on light for a decent deal. Impulse tank buying is scary I just came to look at them

Top Bottom