Fluval Flex 15 Gallon stocking suggestions

mcameron31

Hello all,

New to Fishlore.

Just got my Fluval 15 gallon set up and is cycling. I am looking to get some feedback for stocking/ ideas from others with the same tank.

I am thinking about (which according to Aqadvisor is just over 100% stock)

3 Guppies (preferable females as do not want to deal with continuous fry haha)
6 or 7 Bloodfin tetras
5 Otocinclus

Or

1 Honey Gourami
6 or 7 Black neon/ Bloodfin tetra
5 Otocinclus

I was looking into Panda cory but I believe Otocinclus may be the better choice on this one. Have also thought about instead of catfish going with shrimp.

Anyways, any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

Jayce0

If I'm not wrong, you need to have a lot of algae growth before getting otos, I've heard from people that put them in rather new aquariums that they've starve to death, especially since not all like algae wafers or specific pellets made for them. I'm also not too sure about mixing guppies with tetras as the latter tends to get kinda nippy (and guppy fins are too pretty to not nip), and whether or not having only one honey gourami is too good for them, since they like having other honey friends.

Upvote 0

SouthAmericanCichlids

Go with males instead of female guppies, a lot of females at the store are already pregnant. Both are a little overstocked, but with good filtration you should be good. Though I would just go with shrimp instead of the ottos, then you would be good.

Upvote 0

MoshJosh

I would vote for a school of tetras (ember or green neon), And a school of pygmy Corys (or a very small type of Cory). Just make both schools as large as you can fit in a 15 gallon. I think that would look really cool especially if it’s a planet Tank. Just my thoughts

Upvote 0

CrackerboxPalace

Go with males instead of female guppies, a lot of females at the store are already pregnant. Both are a little overstocked, but with good filtration you should be good. Though I would just go with shrimp instead of the ottos, then you would be good.
I would vote for a school of tetras (ember or green neon), And a school of pygmy Corys (or a very small type of Cory). Just make both schools as large as you can fit in a 15 gallon. I think that would look really cool especially if it’s a planet Tank. Just my thoughts
welcome! i agree with these two, otos may be some trouble so some albino, regular bronze or pygmy corydoras, maybe 7-8 or so may work better, along with 6ish tetras (other small variations are better than regular neons due to more genetic hardiness). It might be a stretch to add guppies to the tank in terms of stocking but if you’re willing to put in the work (large water changes weekly, etc) then you could have 2-3 males

Upvote 0

mcameron31

I like this idea!
Yeah I was thinking male too, just wasnt sure if males alone (say 3 is good?) Would they be too aggressive?

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Netti
  • Question
Replies
Views
TheAnglerAquarist
Replies
Views