Fluval E300

CTSLAYER

Reaction score
I found my way to this site looking for information on my new Fluval E300. I have this heater installed in my 75 gal tank, and the temp won’t go above 78.5. Only reason I am really trying to go above is because I am trying to help the nitrogen cycle along. Any info about why I can’t get above 78.5? Thank you in advance

Bullrocks

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I also have E300 and it is working fine in 100g tank. I have installed a thermometer also. The readings are nearby matching. Have you tried changing the temperature settings as per manual?

CTSLAYER

Reaction score
Yeah, I have it set to 83, just trying to get it to go above 78.5, and it won’t budge above. Have you had your’s above 78.5 in you 100 gal ever? I am just curious, because I don’t want to have a heater that has to struggle, and stay on all the time to stay around 78. I know this heater is rated for 100 gal tank, and figured the one would be plenty for my 75 gal. Thanks for the reply:)

Cichlidude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What is the lowest ambient temperature the room will ever hit with that tank inside?

CTSLAYER

Reaction score
Bullrocks said:
I also have E300 and it is working fine in 100g tank. I have installed a thermometer also. The readings are nearby matching. Have you tried changing the temperature settings as per manual?
Yeah, I have it set to 83, just trying to get it to go above 78.5, and it won’t budge above. Have you had your’s above 78.5 in you 100 gal ever? I am just curious, because I don’t want to have a heater that has to struggle, and stay on all the time to stay around 78. I know this heater is rated for 100 gal tank, and figured the one would be plenty for my 75 gal. Thanks for the reply:)

Cichlidude said:
What is the lowest ambient temperature the room will ever hit with that tank inside?
Right now, it is usually around 73, because of my wood stove. Early morning it might be down to 68-69

Cichlidude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well assuming the heater is turned all the way up and can't get above that temperature you want, it looks to be defective. A 300 watt heater should easily move that temperature 15 degrees above ambient for that tank. It should take less than 48 hours to do so.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I don't have that heater or a 75 gallon tank but i'm thinking if it were me i would run a second heater in there. Unless you place the heater closer to the return on your filter it may distribute the warmer water more evenly.

Bullrocks

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
CTSLAYER said:
It appears to defective then.. get it replaced.. I have two E series heaters and both are working fine..

CTSLAYER

Reaction score
Cichlidude said:
Well assuming the heater is turned all the way up and can't get above that temperature you want, it looks to be defective. A 300 watt heater should easily move that temperature 15 degrees above ambient for that tank. It should take less than 48 hours to do so.
I will send it back for another one. Thank you:)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom