Fluval Cycle

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Crapapples, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Crapapples

CrapapplesValued MemberMember

has anyone used this and found that the nitrite and ammonia have shot up after use?

My tank (which I thought was cycled) has been showing trace ammonia and nitrite so I dosed with this and now it’s so high! I have looked on amazon reviews and it seems this has happened to others.

Defeats the whole reason for using it

2. Fanatic

FanaticFishlore VIPMember

I personally haven’t used this product, I always use Tetra SafeStart.

3. OP
    OP
    Crapapples

Wish I had now I’ve tested it though in some tap water and ammonia or nitrite so maybe it wasn’t the product after all

4. Ryan P

Ryan PValued MemberMember

do you have any inhabitants on the tank right now? if so I suggest using seachem prime so at least it detoxify those ammonia and nitrites

5. Charlie ReelNew MemberMember

Yep Prime is the good stuff

6. OP
    OP
    Crapapples

I do sadly, my betta and a rabbit snail. I’ve moved the snail into the other betta tank and done a large water change. Just been to try and get some prime but nowhere has it so will head into town tomorrow for some

I check water parameters as always at 8pm last night and it was ok, a trace but nothing that needed attention. Then this morning they were sky high. Found a piece of rotting food though but in a 65 litre it went up pretty quick with one fish in

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice