Fluval chi rescape.... Again lol

Damien808

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I found bigger rocks outside in my pile of lava rock and was wondering if this looks right? My parents are no help cause they think everything looks "good".

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I would move the bigger rock further back and the middle rock slightly in front of the big rock. Does that make sense?

Damien808

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
TexasDomer said:
I would move the bigger rock further back and the middle rock slightly in front of the big rock. Does that make sense?

TexasDomer said:
Don't think I can move it back lol that rock is huge

Does this look better?

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
It still looks off to me. I think the biggest rock should be in the back. Some people put smaller rocks in the back to give the effect of a large rock further away, creating depth, but I don't think it's working in this tank with those rocks.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Maybe move the medium rock forward and move the small rock forward and to the left

Damien808

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
TexasDomer said:
Maybe move the medium rock forward and move the small rock forward and to the left
Well added dhg and was happy with the layout. All of dhg came from my pond grown in a pot above the water line.image

Silister Trench

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
The dreaded Fluvial Chi aquascape! Haha! For such a simple looking tank trying to Aquascape it's tall but very square and small base was a battle that took me quite some time to win. I hoped to never see the day someone else attempted one... jk! I personally think your first layout was the best so far because your biggest stone was in a taller position and added a good height for the tank. In all the pictures the largest and smallest stones work well with each other. It's the medium sized stone that's off in all your other pictures because it doesn't quite match the others and lacks a similar and complimenting appearance to the Father Stone.

Maybe try a different piece or give it a few hammer whacks to reshape it?

Damien808

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
This chi tank is never stocked and I always end up just staring at it and using it as a scape tank to play around with. Here's another attempt at it lol.
0a87609af8ccfdbe6500aaf184f49c05.jpg

Once again something about it looks dumb. Oh well maybe I'll keep it like this on my desk for another month and change it.

xaipe

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I really like those rocks! Did you buy those, or can you scavenge hardscape like that where you are??

Damien808

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
xaipe said:
I really like those rocks! Did you buy those, or can you scavenge hardscape like that where you are??
I find these on my grandpa's farm here in Hawaii.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom