Fluval Ceramic Diffuser

1. Schuyler93 Member Member

Hello

I've recently installed my Fluval 88 CO2 system and everything is working quite well other than the diffuser. Everything is tightly secured and properly installed.

My diffuser let's off a small mist at 35BPM but it is also letting off larger bubbles and I know that should not be happening. I have until Friday to figure something out so I am not wasting CO2 while waiting for my glass diffuser to come in. Does anyone have any ideas or is this just a bad diffuser? To clarify the bubbles are not coming out of the sides but coming out between the very fine material the mist comes out of. It just seems to build up into a larger bubble and then release from the diffuser up to the surface.

Any idea helps!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

In the picture there you can see the build up and one large bubble ready to release itself to the surface.

Attached Files:

2. cichlidman Well Known Member Member

sounds like the diffuser is damaged in some way or its leaking around the edge?

you can unscrew it right? If you can open and re-seat it

3. Schuyler93 Member Member

I'm actually not sure but I will be trying that when its time to shut the co2 down tonight!

4. aniroc Well Known Member Member

It seems to do that at the beginning. It will correct itself after few days.

5. Schuyler93 Member Member

It is still doing it today, I noticed when I first turned the co2 on I had it going probably 2-3BPS and the disc had no issues misting the co2 but when I got it back to where I like it started releasing larger bubbles to the surface again. I have a new diffuser coming in the mail tomorrow from Amazon so hopefully it works better.