Fluval C4 Terrible?

Patrick474

Reaction score
Hey. Has anybody had a fluval c4 filter? I’m not sure if I’m alone but I feel it’s a terrible filter. If I don’t have the filter running the water becomes crystal clear but the second I turn the filter on there’s all this debris and small particles that float around the tank endlessly. It’s annoying to not have clear water as I had an old cheap penguin filter on a smaller tank which worked perfectly. I feel most of the water that comes out of the trickle tray doesn’t actually go through the foam pad in the back of the filter. And yes, I did a thorough clean on it before and barely made a difference. Any experience shared with this filter willl be appreciated thanks!

MrBryan723

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You could try a sponge on the intake possibly. That or add some polyester in the filter itself.

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You should try adding some poly fil into the bottom of the filter. That might help catch all the fine debris that’s floating around.

Skavatar

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
i don't get the C series, its like an overly complicated AquaClear.

did you check all those compartments and make sure they fit snugly? the water is supposed to go through the mechanical (back) compartment 1st, then through the other compartments. how old is the pad? its supposed to have a course side and fine side.

edit:
this guy says the mechanical foam is only course and doesn't filter out the small particles. he added a medium and fine filter.

Last edited:
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom