Fluval C2?

Bbfishguy
Thoughs on Fluval C2. I have a 10gal tank and looking for a way better filter than the Aqueon quietflow 10. It does not to a good job at all.

Admiral Dolphin
I have had a good experience with the C2 filter on my 10 gallon aquarium. Been running it for about 2 years now and it still has a good water flow to it.

Bbfishguy
I have had a good experience with the C2 filter on my 10 gallon aquarium. Been running it for about 2 years now and it still has a good water flow to it.
What type of fish do you have. Is the current to strong?

Admiral Dolphin
All the fish that I did have in the 10 gallon are now in my 40 gallon that I got for christmas that has the Fluval C4 in it and have been temporarily been using the 10 gallon as a quarantine tank until I can get the 40 gallon fully stocked.

The fish I did have in the 10G were 2 guppies, 1 dwarf gourami, 3 adult platies, 2 baby platys and a nerite snail. None of the fish that I had in that setup have not had any issues with the flow and were able to swim fine with the filter.

There is also a lever that you can push on the filter that also controls the flow that the filter produces but I keep mine on maximum capacity with not issues.

Bbfishguy
I have a 10gal tank with a Aqueon quietflow 10. It doesn't do its job at all and leaves water cloudy. Would this c2 be a good filter?

All the fish that I did have in the 10 gallon are now in my 40 gallon that I got for christmas that has the Fluval C4 in it and have been temporarily been using the 10 gallon as a quarantine tank until I can get the 40 gallon fully stocked.

The fish I did have in the 10G were 2 guppies, 1 dwarf gourami, 3 adult platies, 2 baby platys and a nerite snail. None of the fish that I had in that setup have not had any issues with the flow and were able to swim fine with the filter.

There is also a lever that you can push on the filter that also controls the flow that the filter produces but I keep mine on maximum capacity with not issues.
Thx. That helped alot. I plan on ordering that filter.

Prathcraft
You might still be in the middle of your cycle

Bbfishguy
This has been going on for tecniclly 6 months. And when doing water changes left over food floats around. Not impressed with aqueon.

Black Thumb
The C2 is probably a good filter. I ran (and still have for backup) a C3 for a couple years and have no complaints. I'd take a look at the filter if you can to see what kind of room it has in the chambers (drip and the red one where the carbon goes but you can put bio there instead). You may find that the Aquaclear version is more flexible in that size.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
appcontrol
Replies
Views
WTFish?
Replies
Views
finnipper59
Replies
Views