Fluval c2

1. T

TigerBarb313 Valued Member Member

I was looking at the fluval c2 filter, and was wondering if they work good. I was also wondering if they were very quiet.

2. ryanr

ryanr Fishlore Legend Member

Is that the internal filter?

3. OP
    OP
    T

4. Carpe_Diem

Carpe_Diem New Member Member

I have had the Fluval C4 for nearly 8 weeks and it runs very quiet. Just keep the tank topped up as per with any HOB filter. This line of filters is made by Hagen and I like them over the Aquaclears.

I prefer this line over Hagens Aquaclears for there adaptable media containers. You can put whatever you want in them. I removed the large Carbon bag out of the one container and added two bags of Aquaclears bio cylinders. I like the way the media containers are layed out in the box as well.

The only drawback I can see with this line is that they didn't make one bigger than the C4 as it is only good for 40 to 70 Gallon tanks with a flow rate of only 289 gallons per hour. :;saber This is why I added another smaller filter to augment this one on my 46 Gallon Bow Front.

Carpe,

5. m

matthew36 New Member Member

ya they are very good 5 stage filtration for 30 dollers

6. OP
    OP
    T

Good to go with an ac 50 for a 37g

7. p

porkozone New Member Member

Does this one self-prime?

Right now I'm using a Aqueon HOB but would like a filter that has more media options. I've looked at the Aquaclears but don't like that they have to be manually primed.

If the c2 self primes I will be buying it in a heartbeat.

8. c

croaker Valued Member Member

all my aquaclears self prime

9. callistra

callistra New Member Member

You have to pour water into the filter, but after that they're good to go.

10. p

porkozone New Member Member

Do you have to refill it if you turn the filter off for water changes etc? Or can you just plug it back in after cleaning without another refill jump start?

11. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

That's funny because all of my aqua clears are not self priming. If you have to manually pour water into the filter housing, then it's not self priming. Simply restarting after a power outage is also not self priming, especially because aqua clears have a tendency not to restart if the water level is too low - they backwards siphon the water out and will not restart.