Fluval 407 canister leak, siphoning water

Gillyyy

We just put in our brand new fluval 407 canister.When unplugged, water rushes out from the left side of the canister. We have our tank in our bedroom, and as I was trying to fall asleep, I heard it dripping into the tank stand. We were able to adjust it so it stopped dripping, but we cannot have the filter acting up, as we have a large tank.What is going on, and what should we do??

TazednConfused

We just put in our brand new fluval 407 canister.When unplugged, water rushes out from the left side of the canister. We have our tank in our bedroom, and as I was trying to fall asleep, I heard it dripping into the tank stand. We were able to adjust it so it stopped dripping, but we cannot have the filter acting up, as we have a large tank.What is going on, and what should we do??
Did you install the rubber ring around the head unit? It is not installed by default. It should be in the package contents.

carsonsgjs

Definitely check the seal around the motor unit. Might be useful if you post some pictures of the setup too. I must ask though, are you unplugging the filter every night before you go to sleep? Or have I misunderstood?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
richiep
Replies
Views
Dechi
Replies
Views
Islandvic
Replies
Views