Fluval 306 Stop Valve Broken Locking Lever

Vivi2001

84770EF4-615A-48C2-B4FB-82A24D89C546.jpeg
DE2885F2-76B3-4A13-BCA2-EDF0A7D8303D.jpeg
84770EF4-615A-48C2-B4FB-82A24D89C546.jpeg
DE2885F2-76B3-4A13-BCA2-EDF0A7D8303D.jpeg

Hi
I have a fluval 306 and I had trouble fitting back the locking lever/ stop valve after cleaning the canister. Unfortunately after a couple of attempts the lever broke and I now need a replacement. I have been thinking/ investigating what causes the stop valve not fitting and I noticed an uneven gap between the canister cover and body where the front is tightly fitted but the back there is a gap. The cover closes and locks quite easily though. I cannot recall if this gap was there the last time I cleaned the canister. Appreciate if someone can tell me if this is normal or not and what I need to do to fix this before I try to put in the new stop valve? Note I have check and pretty sure the impeller cover is snapped in properly. I have also taken the o ring out, cleaned and put back in place. Thank you.vivien.

richiep

i'v just checked my 4 and they are exactly the same never noticed it before

Vivi2001

HI Richie.
Thanks for the comment. I only suspect there could be an issue because I was having difficulties pushing the locking lever down. The lever felt like it was going “sideways” and jammed instead of straight down. Do you find it difficult to push down the lever without feeling it is going to snap?

kallililly1973

It could have possibly been one of your media trays not perfectly aligned allowing it to lock right. I run a fluval 206and 406. They are great filters imo but they have a few weak links. Especially the aqua stop valve.

richiep

I agree with kallililly1973 if the trays are not exactly right you will get that problem as it's happened to me, it dose look a bit odd after you mentioned it, I've also left the cover plate on top out by mistake and and for ages wondered why it wouldn't pump and prime, I felt such a pratt when I found out

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
FishDin
Replies
Views
Aricafeesh
Replies
Views
Lacey D
Replies
Views