Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Fluval 306 Output And Input Placing 65 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by TetraKing101, Apr 14, 2019.

1. TetraKing101Valued MemberMember

I am setting up my tank and just painted my background sadly my suction cups that attach the output and input don’t stick to the paint. My question is if I place my input and output and I opposite sides of the tank towards the back will it still run. My filter placement is towards the back and is centred with the tank. Thanks in advance

2. IslandvicWell Known MemberMember

Can the suction cups be placed on the inner tank glass instead?

Ideally, the intake and discharges should be placed on opposite corners.

The suction cup deals are more to keep everything from moving around.

The intake and discharge assembly rests on top of the rim, so their weight rests on the top.

Suction cups don't really hold them up, just keeps them in place.

3. TetraKing101Valued MemberMember

The suction cups do attach to the inside but the connection to the tank isn’t as stable without the other one attached to the back would it still run or is my best bet to just put them on the back

4. IslandvicWell Known MemberMember

What type of paint did you use?

Normal arts and crafts style acrylic paint?

I ask because one of the projects I wanted to do was paint the back of my 10, 20 and 75g tanks, and the 75g does have a canister with front and back glass suction cups.

I would try a hot glue gun, and throw a nice glob where you want the suction cup and press the cup into it. Try holding for a good 10 seconds so the hot glue solidifies.

That might work. You may have to prep the suction cup with a wipe down of rubbing alcohol so the hot glue has a clean surface to stick to.

It may or may not work.

Another idea, I'm not sure how tall the plastic outer top and bottom rim of the tank is, but what about trying to attach the suction cup on the bottom plastic frame of the tank?

5. TetraKing101Valued MemberMember

Yes I used a water based acrylic paint
    Not sure what you mean by attaching the suctions cups on the bottom of the plastic frame ?

6. IslandvicWell Known MemberMember

Does you aquarium have a black strip that runs the perimeter of the top lip and the around the bottom of the tank?

7. TetraKing101Valued MemberMember

Yes

8. grump299Well Known MemberMember

You can put the suction cup on the inside of the aquarium with no problem I have both my canisters this way on my tank have the same problem suction cups will not stick to my background

9. TetraKing101Valued MemberMember

Thanks

10. IslandvicWell Known MemberMember

@TetraKing101 , the black plastic trim piece was the frame I referred to

11. TetraKing101Valued MemberMember

Thank I will try both ideas and see what works best