Fluval 3.0 Pro And Auto Mode Light Settings

Dechi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The best plant/Fluval light guy on Youtube explains how the pro (and auto) mode works and gives his preferred settings.

I was having a little trouble and he resolved everything for me!

lilirose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks so much for that! Fluval's explanatory video didn't clarify much for me, and when I asked elsewhere online I was treated like an idiot for not just installing a timer (even with the new firmware!) and/or for not understanding it intuitively.

I didn't buy those specific lights to install four analog timers (I have four of them on four different tanks that are each completely different from the others) even if it is "trivially easy to do" (as I was told elsewhere)- if I'd wanted that I would not have bought lights with Bluetooth, an app, and an inbuilt timer- and I am also a person who likes an explanation that isn't given by the person who wrote the app. So I'm super excited to watch this.

Dechi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
lilirose said:
Thanks so much for that! Fluval's explanatory video didn't clarify much for me, and when I asked elsewhere online I was treated like an idiot for not just installing a timer (even with the new firmware!) and/or for not understanding it intuitively.

I didn't buy those specific lights to install four analog timers (I have four of them on four different tanks that are each completely different from the others) even if it is "trivially easy to do" (as I was told elsewhere)- if I'd wanted that I would not have bought lights with Bluetooth, an app, and an inbuilt timer- and I am also a person who likes an explanation that isn't given by the person who wrote the app. So I'm super excited to watch this.
You’re absolutely right, it makes no sense to put timers on this light !

I’ve adapted the recommended settings from the video to my situation and I’m very happy ! The Fluval video did not explain that there is a ramp-up or down between set points. That’s what my problem was.

Jeezusjuiicee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
lilirose those people you talked to are idiots for buying this light and just sticking a timer on it lm@o true idiots right there. It's not easy for everyone ! I didn't need any videos but it took me 2 hours to figure it out myself. I was having a gas tho!

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have timers on all my lights. I put one on the 3.0 before the update because it doesn't do siestas. There's also a workaround to get it to ramp up and down if the light periods are the same length of time (the guy in the video also made one showing how to do this). I had mine set up for 3h on, 3h off, 6h on so I only had a ramp up on the first period and instant off but ramping up and down on the 2nd period. The update was only slightly better for me because it only added ramp down on the 1st period (functionally).

The 3.0 is the only light on the market now that can do multiple light periods w/o a timer which is why so many use timers for their lights.

lilirose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
DarkOne said:
The 3.0 is the only light on the market now that can do multiple light periods w/o a timer which is why so many use timers for their lights.
Just for the record, I am running one Fluval Aquasky 2.0 and three Fluval Plant Nano lights, and as of the recent firmware upgrade, all of them can do multiple light periods.

Maybe you meant that only Fluval lights have this option? I didn't actually look too deeply into other brands as I loved the idea of using my phone as a controller- I can always find my phone, but I would certainly lose track of any separate controller (such as the one sold to go with the expensive Kessil lights or the janky separate remotes that go with the Nicrew lights).

loner556

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
lilirose said:
Just for the record, I am running one Fluval Aquasky 2.0 and three Fluval Plant Nano lights, and as of the recent firmware upgrade, all of them can do multiple light periods.
Tell me about this firmware upgrade for the Aquasky 2.0. Right now I can only do one cycle that ramps up/down and then a second cycle using the weather features (which is instant on and off).

ETA: LOL, I've been on vacation for a week and just saw all the threads in the light forum about the update. Awesome that they now have multiple cycles ramp up and down. Hopefully will get some time to get the upgrade done tonight and play with it.

BentleyPascoe

Reaction score
I just wanted to say thank you for linking to my video - I actually had no clue it was in here until my YouTube analytics showed a blip from Fishlore and I got curious and went investigating.

If it's not obvious in the video, I really love these lights and the power pro mode gives us users is pretty dang sweet. Stay awesome friends!

Dechi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
BentleyPascoe said:
I just wanted to say thank you for linking to my video - I actually had no clue it was in here until my YouTube analytics showed a blip from Fishlore and I got curious and went investigating.

If it's not obvious in the video, I really love these lights and the power pro mode gives us users is pretty dang sweet. Stay awesome friends!
My pleasure, I really enjoy your videos and they are so helpful I figured it would help someone else if I posted it here !

Wraithen

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Dude just made an account to say thanks lol. I watch quite a few things from bentley as he has some good nuggets of advice on various breeding projects and care for some fish.

loner556

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I got the upgrade loaded the other night and really like it. Using it on the Aquasky 2.0 LED.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom