Fluval 206

Discussion in 'Saltwater Beginners' started by Fishygirl1219, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Fishygirl1219

Fishygirl1219 Valued Member Member

Okay so I ordered a canister fluval 206 from @Nart on here used received and is in excellent condition but my question is I want to use it on my new saltwater system what's the best media for that? I'm brand new to canisters I know.nothing and I mean NOTHING about them I thought it was a great deal and jumped on it...So any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

2. Tanks and Plants

Tanks and Plants Well Known Member Member

Nart is a GREAT guy and a good friend of mines! Darn I didn't know he was selling a filter! If you have any questions try and ask him, I think he would be more than glad to help you out!

3. Mike

Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

I don't use a "mechanical filter" on my saltwater reef tank. I use plenty of water flow along with the protein skimmer and live rock for water filtration. If you do use a canister filter, make sure you stay on top of maintenance because they can become nitrate factories = algae blooms. Instead of canister filters, peeps use media reactors for running phosphate removers, activated carbon, biopellets, etc.

4. Nart

Nart Well Known Member Member

My recommendation is to run it with rock rubble or Matrix bio-media, carbon, and chemi-pure blue.
    As long as you don't run sponges or filter floss inside it you should be fine.
    You can also run a pre-filter at the intake and just clean that every week when you maintenance it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice