Fluval 206 Vs Aqua One Nautilus 800

Brannor

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi there,

I'm trying to replace the internal filter on my wife's tank as I am concerned there's not enough media in there to safely manage the tank for in case something goes wrong. It's a Fluval Curve 87 (23g) tank.

So I'm looking at these two, in terms of price and claimed flow rate they're around the same. Fluval at 780 and AquaOne at 800 lph. The price is (Australian) $205 vs $142.

So which should I chose and why? Both have 3 segments which I like.

I briefly considered the Aquis II series, but they seem higher in power consumption, high in price, and low in flow rate...

-G

finnipper59

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If they both have the same features and the same flow rates, Id recommend the cheaper of the 2. Why? Money savings. Fluval is a popular brand name of product that more stores carry, so more of them get bought. It makes them higher because they seem to be more in demand. The only reason to pay more money is if the other brand is is more difficult to service or if it's filtering capacity was lower, but you said they have the same features, so go with the money saver.
Brannor said:
Hi there,

I'm trying to replace the internal filter on my wife's tank as I am concerned there's not enough media in there to safely manage the tank for in case something goes wrong. It's a Fluval Curve 87 (23g) tank.

So I'm looking at these two, in terms of price and claimed flow rate they're around the same. Fluval at 780 and AquaOne at 800 lph. The price is (Australian) $205 vs $142.

So which should I chose and why? Both have 3 segments which I like.

I briefly considered the Aquis II series, but they seem higher in power consumption, high in price, and low in flow rate...

-G

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom