Flowerhorn Snow Covered In Ich?

LocNess

Reaction score
Just bought this super ICH cure and it was said to cure in typically 48 hours and its been 2 days. I cant tell if my flowerhorn is feeling better or not. He used to sit behind the filter all day and never move, now he actually came up for food, however he still looks very very weak.

Will he recover from this? My temperature is currently 85.

Attachments

finnipper59

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Smalltownfishfriend said:
Do you know what it is?? I am just curious?? I never saw anything like it!
In it's beginning stages, columnaris appears as ich. Columnaris is a gram negative bacteria that needs to be treated with strong antibiotics. But looking at the stage your fish is in, I'm sure his internal organs are infected too. I agree with euthanasia.

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
If you're willing to try, kanaplex often works against columnaris and in my experience it has been a gentle medication. It has no harmful impacts on inverts and even helped save my fish from dropsy. I haven't personally used it against columnaris. Any chance of more pics?

finnipper59

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
finnipper59 said:
In it's beginning stages, columnaris appears as ich. Columnaris is a gram negative bacteria that needs to be treated with strong antibiotics. But looking at the stage your fish is in, I'm sure his internal organs are infected too. I agree with euthanasia.
I forgot to mention that Columnaris is a very contagious gram negative bacteria that requires strong antibiotics to treat. Your entire tank needs to be treated whether you euthanize that one particular fish or not. So if you want to try to save him then leave him be. You have to treat the whole tank anyway. Google the term Treating Columnaris in Fresh water Aquarium. You will find a good source of recommendations that won't harm your biological filter.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom