Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Flowerhorn Sex/type

Discussion in 'Flowerhorn Cichlid' started by martindaspartan, Apr 11, 2019.

1. martindaspartanNew MemberMember

Evening all,
    New to the forums and also new to caring for my first flowerhorn. I was told by my local store where I have bought all my other fish that it was a grade b but unable to confirm sex this young? And will the colours change as it is now showing red on tail and breast.

Thanks in advance. IMG_20190410_234529.jpgIMG_20190410_194520.jpg

2. A201Well Known MemberMember

My guess is that the FH is female. It looks to have a bullet shape, and dark botches throughout the dorsal fin. Don't be discouraged if it does turnout to be female. FH females can be pretty too. Here is a pic of a female FH, I once kept. 20181207_063450.jpg

3. Dawn MicheleWell Known MemberMember

Welcome to Fishlore!!! Beautiful FH!!!!

4. Dawn MicheleWell Known MemberMember

5. Nikki2577Well Known MemberMember

I also think it’s a female. She most likely will change color. Beautiful little lady. I am no good at the grading on flowerhorns so I just say if you think it’s perfect than its grade A. Lol

6. martindaspartanNew MemberMember

Thanks for response guys and the welcoming , I did try to check but he or she is still very little I couldn't tell. He/she are showing some lovely red shades now though and I have changed the tank around and added sand instead gravel and looks so much better.

7. martindaspartanNew MemberMember

Images IMG_20190412_231740.jpgIMG_20190412_231208.jpgIMG_20190412_231044.jpg