Flowerhorn Not Eating

Emily2836e

Reaction score
I got two flowerhorn last month, and I begin to notice that one of the flowerhorn is biting the other flowerhorn a lot, and it got so bad that I decided to divide them by putting on a divider. However, the flowerhorn that has been hurt is not eating anymore, and it kinda just stays in place the whole time. I thought it was stressed at first, so I added stress coat and changed the water. But it's not getting any better. Please help on what I should do. And here is a picture of her.

Attachments

A201

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That ones pretty beat up & might have contracted a disease in the process. The go to med for big cichlids on hunger strikes is Seachem Metroplex. Hope your FH gets better soon.

OP
E

Emily2836e

Reaction score
One of my other flowerhorn is not eating, I would give is a pellet, and it would eat it. It chews on it for a few seconds, and it spits it back out again. And this happened to one of my goldfish too, later it died. Does anyone know what's going on?

LagerthaM

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I don't know if this would help with a flower horn but when my bettas dot want to eat I cover there food in garlic, mostly the juice, and they eat it right up. Also, maybe try other foods?

Noroomforshoe

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Did he ever eat the food that you are trying to feed it?
He is relativly knew, and still settling in, he might still be stressed. If you can call the place were you got him, ask them what they were feeding him. He might eat that, I have had to do this several times. Then you can ween him off of the pet store food.
You could also try something more tempting like frozen bloodworms or black worms.

OP
E

Emily2836e

Reaction score
He has been hurt by other cichlids, that's why I moved it into a different tank, and now it's eating the food, but then is spit it back out again.

New Threads